[Ruling] Daimyo's Gunbai

By Bayushi Shunsuke, in L5R LCG: Rules Discussion

Can Warm Welcome pull Daimyo's Gunbai from the discard pile?

Just now, Bayushi Shunsuke said:

Can Warm Welcome pull Daimyo's Gunbai from the discard pile?

Warm Welcome cannot play it from the discard pile.

[Tyler Parrott, May 10 2019]

Can Illustrious Forge pull Daimyo's Gunbai and attach it to someone?

Can Illustrious Forge pull Daimyo's Gunbai and attach it to someone?

Illustrious Forge can put the Gunbai into play.

[Tyler Parrott, May 10 2019]

Can Agasha Shunsen use its ability to pull out Daimyo's Gunbai? Do we treat the dash cost as less than 1 for these kind of abilities?

Can Agasha Shunsen use its ability to pull out Daimyo's Gunbai? Do we treat the dash cost as less than 1 for these kind of abilities?

Agasha Shunsen can search up a Daimyo's Gunbai and put it into play attached to one of your characters.

[Tyler Parrott, May 5 2019]

If I use the action of Daimyō's Gunbai to initiate a duel and my opponent play Stay Your Hand to cancel the duel, what happens to my Daimyō's Gunbai, it's comeback to my hand or it's discarded?

If I use the action of Daimyō's Gunbai to initiate a duel and my opponent play Stay Your Hand to cancel the duel, what happens to my Daimyō's Gunbai, it's comeback to my hand or it's discarded?

Stay Your Hand will cancel the duel. There is no “duel’s winner” if there is no duel, so you cannot put it into play attached to anyone. Therefore, you will discard the Gunbai.

[Tyler Parrott, May 15 2019]

On 5/24/2019 at 3:38 AM, Bayushi Shunsuke said:

Stay Your Hand will cancel the duel. There is no “duel’s winner” if there is no duel, so you cannot put it into play attached to anyone. Therefore, you will discard the Gunbai.

[Tyler Parrott, May 15 2019]

That is incorrect, as it has already been ruled that the duel doesn't happen not that there isn't a valid target, so you can just challenge again. I would like to say I prefer your idea though.

48 minutes ago, Citadel97501 said:

That is incorrect, as it has already been ruled that the duel doesn't happen not that there isn't a valid target, so you can just challenge again. I would like to say I prefer your idea though.

It's not my idea. ;)

Tyler Parrott is the current designer of the game/rules. These are his words, answering someone else's question about the interaction between the two cards.