Player Compensation for Card Changes

By everythingbagels, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

Interesting note: at the Worlds draft, Tyler had errated cards printed out for the card pool.

It's pretty ridiculous that a PDF hasn't gone up, especially as FFG often use a 'corrected' image of the card in question when they announce any errata.

On 5/2/2019 at 10:55 PM, phillos said:

[...]

I would buy an errata pack after each FAQ update for the convenience to be honest. Also it would be cool if they threw errata-ed cards into OP kits as promo prizes to flush out the old cards that way.

[...]

Absolutely agree to this.

Putting them in organized play rrlease would screw those of us who cant access that. I would buy errata packs though. A yearly errata pack or something like that would be nice

I don’t see why they couldn’t just put the extra reprinted cards in expansions. They literally have a note card/deck list in the Marvel Champions hero pack about the extra cards that aren’t part of the base deck.

Like if you have 10+ cards that need errata’d version throw them in the premium expansion boxes. If 5 or less, throw them in the closest or next expansion set that going to the printers. Even if it cost an extra $1 or $2, that's not that bad. That way everyone still has access to default cards and promo/special versions still remain as bling.

I think not having an in-print errata is something we just have to live with when it comes to playing card games. I don't think Magic even sweats about this and that game has rarities where the price of cardboard is over inflated. Imagine going through hoops to get an errata version of Takada only to get him re-fixed and banned. Errata are faster than the presses (then shipping and release too).

There shouldn't have been balance erratas in the first place. We have a restriction and ban list for cards and combinations that are problamatic for the game.

2 hours ago, Ignithas said:

There shouldn't have been balance erratas in the first place. We have a restriction and ban list for cards and combinations that are problamatic for the game.

Well the ban list is a new advent, and sometimes you just need to errata cards for balance (Hawk Tattoo) to keep them available in the card pool instead of RLing them which becomes a soft ban

On 1/30/2020 at 2:31 PM, Hordeoverseer said:

I think not having an in-print errata is something we just have to live with when it comes to playing card games. I don't think Magic even sweats about this and that game has rarities where the price of cardboard is over inflated. Imagine going through hoops to get an errata version of Takada only to get him re-fixed and banned. Errata are faster than the presses (then shipping and release too).

I disagree. Putting the errata'd cards into future packs worked great for the Doomtown LCG thing. One time I didn't get my Errata cards in a pack so I emailed them to say so and the response was "our bad" and they posted them to me.

On 1/30/2020 at 10:20 AM, Ignithas said:

It really didn't work out all that well.

Just give us a pdf with the latest text. Earlier errata have been incorporated into the online card images, so it can be done.

On 2/17/2020 at 8:09 AM, Poi68 said:

Just give us a pdf with the latest text. Earlier errata have been incorporated into the online card images, so it can be done.

This. I build and sleeve decks for myself and my friends all the time and it would be no problem to print out the errata and put those in the sleeves to make things much easier for newbies (and myself who might forget which card out of my usual clans has an errata).

Heck send me the images and I'll make the PDF myself for everyone. (is there a spot they've all been posted?)

1 hour ago, Simplegarak said:

This. I build and sleeve decks for myself and my friends all the time and it would be no problem to print out the errata and put those in the sleeves to make things much easier for newbies (and myself who might forget which card out of my usual clans has an errata).

Heck send me the images and I'll make the PDF myself for everyone. (is there a spot they've all been posted?)

If you look at the QR code links for each set with errateed cards they have updated most of the images for the cards there. They also have the updated images in the articles that discuss the Errata.

Here is the QR code link, you just need to change to last 2 number to which ever set you are looking for according to the SKU's from the product descriptions on the main L5R page (Core for example is L5C01)
http://ffgapp.com/qr/L5C28

Edited by Schmoozies
On 2/18/2020 at 9:58 AM, Schmoozies said:

If you look at the QR code links for each set with errateed cards they have updated most of the images for the cards there. They also have the updated images in the articles that discuss the Errata.

Here is the QR code link, you just need to change to last 2 number to which ever set you are looking for according to the SKU's from the product descriptions on the main L5R page (Core for example is L5C01)
http://ffgapp.com/qr/L5C28

Thanks. I'll see what I can craft. (I had actually saved all of the codes from the packaging too)

EDIT: Hmmm... are you sure they are updated? Just starting with the core set:

http://ffgapp.com/qr/L5C01

And the first two errata listed are not updated.

Edited by Simplegarak
2 hours ago, Simplegarak said:

Thanks. I'll see what I can craft. (I had actually saved all of the codes from the packaging too)

EDIT: Hmmm... are you sure they are updated? Just starting with the core set:

http://ffgapp.com/qr/L5C01

And the first two errata listed are not updated.

I did say most of the images, for the last set you may need to reference the article as they may not have updated those QR images yet

On 2/19/2020 at 5:36 PM, Schmoozies said:

I did say most of the images, for the last set you may need to reference the article as they may not have updated those QR images yet

Even the article didn't have updated images this time around.

3 hours ago, Poi68 said:

Even the article didn't have updated images this time around.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/12/24/examining-the-foundations/

It does, they are just embedded in the text for the most part but it you click on the card names the updated card pops up (Its how the 9 fate Against the Waves Meme started).

l5c01_errata_card_against-the-waves.png

This whole debate is starting to prove the point that they need to compile all the errata card images (if they exist) into one place.