Clan packs not available at retail in Canada?

By jrvk777, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

I've gone to several different FLGS and haven't seen stock of both the Unicorn and Crane clan packs (not even online).

Has anyone found a retailer in Canada (GTA area) that has these in stock? Thanks.

Something weird seems to have been happening. Initial stocks seemed to have been very low -- I got my Unicorn pack on release day but the retailer told me that while the order was on its way his shop, the clan pack suddenly became unavailable from the distributor, who is the lone distributor for Asmodée in the province (QC). Now with what you're saying, it seems to have happened elsewhere too. All that being said, however, I was told the Unicorn clan pack became available again from the distributor at some point near the end of last week. New stock should be available very soon.

Now as to the Crane clan pack, I guess Asmodée's ways are just inscrutable at this point. My retailer was unable to order it on the day it was supposedly available (last Thursday). 🤷‍♂️

Wood For Sheep in Markham had the Crane Pack today. I know there has been issue with getting stock for a few stores in the GTA that seems to be a failure of the distributor to not communicating availability of new product. I know the stores I play at I've had to remind them about the releases and they've had to chase up with their distributors.

43 minutes ago, Ascarel said:

Something weird seems to have been happening. Initial stocks seemed to have been very low -- I got my Unicorn pack on release day but the retailer told me that while the order was on its way his shop, the clan pack suddenly became unavailable from the distributor, who is the lone distributor for Asmodée in the province (QC). Now with what you're saying, it seems to have happened elsewhere too. All that being said, however, I was told the Unicorn clan pack became available again from the distributor at some point near the end of last week. New stock should be available very soon.

Now as to the Crane clan pack, I guess Asmodée's ways are just inscrutable at this point. My retailer was unable to order it on the day it was supposedly available (last Thursday). 🤷‍♂️

Are Asmodée just terrible at delivering product? I'm under the impression that they recently cut a deal with CMoN, and now the releases for their ASoIaF game have been delayed since March.

23 minutes ago, Mangod said:

Are Asmodée just terrible at delivering product? I'm under the impression that they recently cut a deal with CMoN, and now the releases for their ASoIaF game have been delayed since March.

Seems to be similar problem in the UK - I haven’t received my crane or unicorn pack.

Thanks all, this all but confirms my suspicion about a distribution problem.

Got my packs on release day in Victoria, BC. Asmodee is an aweful distributor though and many FLGS owners I know complain about them all the time.

This seems a common problem through Europe. For instance, in Spain we got the Spanish edition on release day, but the English edition is not available from any European distributors, not even Asmodee UK.

9 hours ago, Mon no Oni said:

This seems a common problem through Europe. For instance, in Spain we got the Spanish edition on release day, but the English edition is not available from any European distributors, not even Asmodee UK.

Fact Check: I’m still waiting for the Unicorn novel, apparently my unicorn clan pack is on hand but not shipped because I ordered them together. Still, no sign of crane pack.

I've been told both that the Unicorn novel is due in May, and that it might not be coming at all by different shops. The Crane pack is next week at the earliest in Scotland.