Rebel Brawlers take tournament!

By Roller of blanks, in X-Wing Battle Reports

BTL-A4 Y-wing - •“Dutch” Vander - 51 •“Dutch” Vander - Gold Leader (39) Proton Torpedoes (12) A/SF-01 B-wing - •Ten Numb - 56 •Ten Numb - Blue Five (46) •Squad Leader (10) Attack Shuttle - •Hera Syndulla - 41 •Hera Syndulla - Spectre-2 (39) •Leia Organa (2) T-65 X-wing - •Wedge Antilles - 52 •Wedge Antilles - Red Two (52) Total: 200/200 View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

My turn zero plan was to try to get a super-dense asteroid field, then send dutch and ten into the fray with wedge and hera as flankers. It worked suprisingly well, and Dutch+Ten are an absolute POWER COMBO.

[Note: I may have forgotten a few upgrades in some of the squads here, so my apologies]

Game 1 Win 21-200

My opponent brought deathrain with trajectory simulator, bomblets, and homing missiles, Captain ociunn with a crew I can't remember, and scourge with marksman

Asteroids had a clustered field on my side of the board, and I set Dutch and ten (I'll be using the phrase a lot during this report so I'll refer to them as "DT" for dutch and ten, and "WH" for wedge and hera from now on) in the corner, turning into the asteroids. Wedge and hera set up across from deathrain in the corner, while ociunn and scouge set up in the middle of his board edge.

Turn one WH move up the board at a mild-mannered pace, while DT slow roll, not yet committed to the asteroid field. Deathrain moves to bait and ociunn/scourge move forward a bit

More of the same, really. WH goes full throttle, but still too far out to get potshots on deathrain.

Deathrain turns towards the center of the board to rendezvous with the decimator. WH overshoot and don't have shots on deathrain, but DT are set up for a good run at the enemy squad. No shots are exchanged yet.

Deathrain drops a bomb out the back, and ociunn makes a mistake that probably cost my opponent the game. He turned in to engage DT. Keep in mind DT are on the far side of the asteroid field, and the decimator is basically a flying brick (in the words of my opponent) both wedge and hera dodge the bomblet, and some shots are exchanged between the deci and DT, to no real effect.

Ociunn now has nowhere to go but forward, and the asteroid field is so close it was virtually impossible to not hit a rock. He took a damage from it, and deathrain blasted into the furball. DT moved in with a pair of double-modded shots and put some hurt into ociunn. Dutch took some damage from scourge and deathrain, while WH turned in throw some shots wherever they presented themselves

Ociunn has nowhere to go, and stays on the rock due to bumps. Deathrain, scourge, and DT are all squished into a range 1 bubble of destruction, DT were coming out on top with the help of WH and the absence of ociunn's firepower. After this turn his squad tried to escape the field and regroup, but it was too little too late, and I just had to chase them down. He did get half points on hera, though.

Game 2

~80-200

Lieutenant Tavson with pattern analyzer, captain phasma, and HLC Blackout with trickshot and a tie/SF with homing missiles.

Asteroids were pretty dense, in a sort of upside down U. He set up on the right corner, and I set up in the left

We circled each other for a while, as I was incredibly wary of the 5-dice HLC. When engagement came around, I predicted a 2-turn, and tried to send dutch past the upsilon's arc. He did 2-turn, but I didn't clear the arc. Dutch got a bloody nose, but the trap was set.

From here ten got into a private duel with the SF, and WH, in the northern end of the asteroid field, throttled into the open field to pursue tavson. Dutch clipped a rock, just barley.

Next turn the upsilon falls for the same trap as the decimator did, being unable to manuver through the rocks. WH follows him and gets a pair of range 1 shots, while wedge loses a shield or two to blackout.

The upsilon tried to bring its guns to bear, but it couldn't dodge the rocks and ended up landing on one. I used leia to K-turn in front of the upsilon with WH, and dutch was turning around to launch some protorps at tavson. Ten moved to engage the SF and draw fire from blackout. He took the bait, and ten lost three shields (1 from homing missiles and 2 from range 2 blackout)

By now dutch has tavson locked and in arc, and finished him off with a proton torp. From here blackout and the zeta dogfight for a while until I take them out. All of my ships excluding wedge had suffered heavy damage.

Game 3

Win 52-200

8x trade fed. Drones, 2 with discord missiles and 6 with ESC.

Again, tight asteroid field on my side of the board. My opponent set up in two blocks of 4, each with one discord carrier, and I replyed with WH set to joust one block and DT jousting the other. The plan was to alpha one ESC off the board on each group, tank the return fire, then use leia to k-turn and keep attacking. It didn't go the way I planned. My opponent saw my strategy and moved into a column 2 ships wide and 4 ships long over the course of a few turns, setting up to joust WH. WH stuttered up the board and DT went full throttle for the column's flank. First turn of engagement, wedge gets blocked (5 straight is longer than I imagined) but DT and hera have juicy shots. Wedge puts 1 damage on a nearby drone, hera strips a calculate, and DT take out a drone and strips more calculates. Wedge gets dropped to one hull, with structural damage and a loose stabilizer. Next turn the drones have a hard time turning around, clipping the outskirts of the asteroid field. Because of this difficulty, the droids are either on a rock or don't have arc on wedge, so he lives another day by taking a one straight and bumping, essentially performing a stop manuver. DT turn in and continue to wreak havoc with hera, and without their calculate tokens, I take out two and put a damage on another.

The droids try to regroup and joust again, but due to weird angles from previous bumps, end up piling up on eachother with one or two calcs between them. Wedge 1 straight bumps again, and puts another damage on, but he gets shot down this turn. DT and hera take out another drone, and ten loses some shields.

Next turn, Dutch takes a range two primary at a undamaged drone, and rolls a natrual double crit! The drone blanks out, and thetg. first crit is fuel leak! Ten and hera take out another damaged drone, and the return fire is easily dodged.

The drones try and get some damage on, but they're already damaged and die the next turn.

Game 4

Win 51-200

A very... peculiar list.

IG-88B with jamming beam and tractor beam, Quinn jast with clusters and stealth device, and a black sun assassin with virago, hull upgrade, and shield upgrade.

This game wasn't too hard, my opponent was new to the game and too arrogant to learn from her mistakes. I don't mean to be rude, but after the game she genuinely believed she would've won had it not been for her dice. She never used IG-88s primary weapon once, though she did send dutch off the board, she just jousted the whole list and lost the assassin on the second turn of engagement. Quinn followed soon after, and then I just had to chase IG-88 around the board.

It was a great time though, and I won some cool extended art and range rulers.

Nice humble brag bro

I actually fielded this list recently against a friend with x2 Obsidian Squadron TIE Fighters, x2 Scimitar Squadron TIE Bombers with missiles and bombs, and Captain Jonas with Cluster Missiles and Proton Bombs (the bombers might have had other stuff but was not paying attention) he took a pincer approach to Ten and Dutch in the asteroids but ended up losing a Obsidian when Hera point blanked him from behind saving Dutch from some potential damage, second kill was a bomber when Dutch nailed it with a proton torp, second TIE fell to Ten, and Captain Jonas fell to Wedge he called it after that with only a Scimitar Bomber left. can't for sure gage it since the dice were literally on fire for me and absolute duds for him when I did fire, each kill bar Jonas was a one shot I guess birthday luck was with me during the match.

Edited by Neos472