Need 3rd deck for Saga campaign

By Guibsx, in Strategy and deck-building

So I started a Saga campaign (main 3 movies) with one of my son. We are still working through the first box and are using two decks which we tried to keep thematic. While not 100% exact (I made a few tweaks), here are the decks we are using:

https://www.ringsdb.com/fellowship/view/736/lotr-saga-fellowship-black-riders-and-road-darkens-thematic

So now my older son would like to join us to play. So the challenge comes to create a new deck for him that would somewhat work well with ours but could be drop off if ever he doesn't play all campaign mission with us. So technically, while we could modify our main decks a little, if possible, I'd like to come up with a 3rd option without drastically changing the main two decks.

While we were going for thematic decks, this will be a challenge to maintain for a 3rd deck considering the first two and my limited card pool. So I'm willing to go less thematic for this one. For the record, I own the following:

- 2 cores + all Mirkwood AP (except The Hills of Emyn Muil)
- Khazad-dûm and all Dwarrowdelf AP
- Heirs of Númenor deluxe only
- The Voice of Isengard deluxe only
- All 6 Saga movie deluxe boxes
- All 6 AP of the Ered Mithrin cycle (but not the deluxe)

So any recommandation on which direction I should go for that 3rd deck?

36 minutes ago, Guibsx said:

All 6 AP of the Ered Mithrin cycle

A little off topic as a question I realize but you already have The Fate of Wilderland?

27 minutes ago, Alonewolf87 said:

A little off topic as a question I realize but you already have The Fate of Wilderland?

Yes, for some odd distribution reasons, the French version of the AP has been available here since last week.

I would recommend a lore deck, specifically one with Elrond. If you have some healing, his extra point goes a long way.

Also, aragorn will be provided as an extra hero in the later scenarios, so perhaps you will consider subbing him out of your second deck? Otherwise, your second deck will be rocking 2 heroes for 2/3rds of those scenarios.

18 minutes ago, player3351457 said:

Also, aragorn will be provided as an extra hero in the later scenarios, so perhaps you will consider subbing him out of your second deck? Otherwise, your second deck will be rocking 2 heroes for 2/3rds of those scenarios.

YEah I know about Aragorn so I'll have to pick another leadership hero for that second deck.

To keep with the thematic, I'm wondering if a Logolas (Tactic), Gimli (tactic) and Elron (Lore) deck would be a great complement for the first 2 deck. Think I might give it a try before going with none thematic decks.

Any specific things I should consider for this deck knowing that we'll be drawing one more encounter card per turn now?

I would just add that with your two decks plus one with Legolas, Gimli, and Elrond your willpower might be on the short side.