Toshimoko

By FriendofYoda, in L5R LCG: Rules Discussion

Somebody was saying at the store that the new fuel honor stronghold for Crane could honor Toshimoko in his duel to change to outcome. (I.e he’s down by one, but then you honor and he gains 2 to be up by one and his effect resolved with both players counting 0 skill.)

Is this true and why? Thanks!

I can confirm I saw a ruling from devs that if the skill totals change during the course of the duel or immediately afterwards, then the skill counts have to be re-evaluated, because Toshimoko is an interrupt, so it happens before the conflict is won or lost.

2 hours ago, FriendofYoda said:

Somebody was saying at the store that the new fuel honor stronghold for Crane could honor Toshimoko in his duel to change to outcome. (I.e he’s down by one, but then you honor and he gains 2 to be up by one and his effect resolved with both players counting 0 skill.)

Is this true and why? Thanks!

Its true because of when the timing of the duel occurs, its at the compare skill portion of conflict resolution after you determine a winner but interrupts the final determining of that winner and takes you back to the compare totals stage after the duel and forces you to reconfirm the totals as there could be changes from various effects like honoring Toshimoko or bonuses from composure no longer applying or just reset everything to 0 if Toshimoko won.

Well, that seems pretty powerful then!