Emboldened

By Yivrael, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Is there an effect for emboldened? Or is there a card..Thanks

edit:The app just says your emboldened..so I wen to the index and its not listed.

Edited by Yivrael

There is a card for emboldened. [ image ]

"At the end of your turn, if there are no nearby enemies, discard this boon.
"If you suffer damage or fear, discard this boon"
"When you attack, add 2 hits"

The only place I know you can become emboldened is making a spirit test at a table ( Page 25 Part 98 of the rules ). My box, though I preordered doesn't arrive until the 25th 😓 so maybe there are more places in the game but I'm unaware.

Image pulled from FFG's, Become Legend news article .

Edited by Thaeggan
more info

Got it, thank you!

You can also become Emboldened based on tests during general exploration. I've gotten it a few times from various Interactions.

After An exploration, i suffer damage. The app says, if you suffer damage, you become emboldened.

My question: do i become emboldened instead of taking damage?

If i suffer damage, is this face up or face down? The app didn't mention that.

22 minutes ago, Boogiemeester said:

After An exploration, i suffer damage. The app says, if you suffer damage, you become emboldened.

My question: do i become emboldened instead of taking damage?

If i suffer damage, is this face up or face down? The app didn't mention that.

In this case, you have to suffer damage first in order to then become emboldened. If becoming emboldened was meant to replace taking damage (not sure if this ever happened to me), the game would typically use the term "instead", like "instead of suffering damage, become emboldened".

All damage is dealt faceup unless specified otherwise by an effect (on a card or in the app). Facedown damage (or fear) is not that common. Note, that some cards, when dealt faceup, instruct you to to flip them back facedown. This is different than suffering facedown damage (that most cards refers to), as you flip the card after you already suffered it faceup 😉

For more on emboldened, check out "Boons" entry in Rules Reference. Form more on damage check out "damage and fear". Also, on the product page there is an Errata and FAQ document, it answers a lot of questions as well 🙂

Ok thanks, it happend after a search token. Something with flowers. I have tot do a test and took 3 damage and 1 fear.

I could counter 2 damage and 1 fear, so 1 damage pass.

The app says if have damage, i become emboldened. So i wasn't sure, do i have 1 damage or do i only become emboldened.

But anyway, i took the damage and become emboldened.