First impressions

By HirumaShigure, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

I throughly enjoyed my solitary play of scenario one last night. Set up and tear down was as easy as I had hoped it would be. The decisions I made DID feel meaningful. It didn't seem too easy, but I did try beating the threat track as much as possible. Despite this, I was able to stop and smell the roses: was able to interact with some of the non-essential flavor tokens on the map and picked up my first trinket.

I used Aragorn and Beravore. I felt they complimented each other well, but still felt distinct. I think I actually liked Beravore's play style more. Blasphemy!!!

Edited by HirumaShigure
typo

Does it work well to play 2 characters? We'll be two playing the game, and I was asking myself if we should play one or two characters each 🤔

I'd say, after playing solo only where you have to control 2 people, I'd much rather just be driving one person. I'd forget some skill cards I had prepared which would bite me later in the turn.

45 minutes ago, Caldias said:

I'd say, after playing solo only where you have to control 2 people, I'd much rather just be driving one person. I'd forget some skill cards I had prepared which would bite me later in the turn.

The same thing happened to me. Also I found resetting two decks every turn slightly irritating.

The thing I liked most about Beravore was stunning with the staff. No counter attacks or provoking, yes please. My other hero was the musician, and while they were together and she was inspiring my pathfinder, things went extraordinarily well. As soon as I seperated them, Baravore ran out of inspiration tokens and it all fell apart. Even with the rough ending I had a great time, and looking forward to my first multiplayer play this weekend, where I will be playing Bilbo.

One thing I did need to shake out with my first run, was how enemies activate. I recommend anyone about to play to read that section of the rules reference.