The TIE Factory on Lothal has doubled it's efforts....

By drail14me, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

xsKDiRX.jpg

Here's a few completed units. Thanks to @urloony for the decals to help make this easier.

JkBsyO4.jpg

PT08vQe.jpg

niizLnI.jpg

FVM3RA7.jpg

i5okILJ.jpg

OTEE5AC.jpg

m9fPZ78.jpg

And the Rebel response....

FteO2eK.jpg

rKRRjR2.jpg

GbIlE88.jpg

62uQuG6.jpg

ZWGfalF.jpg

Pb6Rjd1.jpg

Group photos on the table...

5rVW2Ba.jpg

hxjLF61.jpg

Sq333LN.jpg

3 hours ago, drail14me said:

The TIE Factory on Lothal has doubled it's efforts....

Image result for i hope so commander for your sake

I'm seriously impressed with anyone that can make the x-wings look amazing. Well done sir.

I can't see any of the pictures...

I just need to find the time to do this.

2 hours ago, Draconis80 said:

I just need to find the time to do this.

That’s the hard part. I’m trying to do one or two Squadrons a week. I get extra motivated if I need specific Squadrons for an upcoming game.

The Heavies rolling off the line! 83KCwGC.jpg

On 4/17/2019 at 2:42 AM, Norell said:

I can't see any of the pictures...

They should load. They are on a public page on Imgur.

Question on the shading in the tiny nooks: I assume you are using some sort of wash or shader? What do you guys suggest?

I painted a Dreadnaught that i got from Mels Miniatures and it had a decent light grey/dark grey like the other various ships but then after the wash it was just a dark mess so before i start any of my fighters, I figured id askQuestion on the shading in the tiny nooks: I assume you are using some sort of wash or shader? What do you guys suggest?

I painted a Dreadnaught that i got from Mels Miniatures and it had a decent light grey/dark grey like the other various ships but then after the wash it was just a dark mess so before i start any of my fighters, I figured id ask

On 4/16/2019 at 1:54 PM, drail14me said:

Here's a few completed units. Thanks to @urloony for the decals to help make this easier.

Wow, your squadrons look fantastic! Thanks for the plug and your paint jobs look great.

On 4/24/2019 at 11:58 PM, urloony said:

Wow, your squadrons look fantastic! Thanks for the plug and your paint jobs look great.

Those decals really do look great! Where did you get them? I would be really keen on trying the same.

Same here. Although I would like to paint such sharp lines, I have to admit that I'm not on that level (yet).

On 4/27/2019 at 8:11 AM, ManInTheBox said:

Those decals really do look great! Where did you get them? I would be really keen on trying the same.

12 hours ago, Norell said:

Same here. Although I would like to paint such sharp lines, I have to admit that I'm not on that level (yet).

They are all available on eBay. I can't post a link because FFG may not like it. If you search eBay for "star wars armada decals" you'll find what I have. If you play Legion, I also have decals for the AT-RT and Airspeeder. I'll have decals for the landspeeder as well, Probably summer.

16 hours ago, urloony said:

They are all available on eBay. I can't post a link because FFG may not like it. If you search eBay for "star wars armada decals" you'll find what I have. If you play Legion, I also have decals for the AT-RT and Airspeeder. I'll have decals for the landspeeder as well, Probably summer.

Fantastic! I absolutely will do that. They look fabulous!

On 4/24/2019 at 9:52 PM, mruffner said:

Question on the shading in the tiny nooks: I assume you are using some sort of wash or shader? What do you guys suggest?

I painted a Dreadnaught that i got from Mels Miniatures and it had a decent light grey/dark grey like the other various ships but then after the wash it was just a dark mess so before i start any of my fighters, I figured id askQuestion on the shading in the tiny nooks: I assume you are using some sort of wash or shader? What do you guys suggest?

I painted a Dreadnaught that i got from Mels Miniatures and it had a decent light grey/dark grey like the other various ships but then after the wash it was just a dark mess so before i start any of my fighters, I figured id ask

I used some watered down Nuln Oil from Citadel Paints. Works great for bringing out details.

On 4/16/2019 at 10:54 AM, drail14me said:

JkBsyO4.jpg

Your squadrons looks great! What color blue is this, if I may ask? I have several TIE squadrons on deck and I'm trying to settle on a base coat. Thanks!

7 hours ago, jme said:

Your squadrons looks great! What color blue is this, if I may ask? I have several TIE squadrons on deck and I'm trying to settle on a base coat. Thanks!

Thanks. The paint is "Stormy Sea" by Archive X. They are film model accurate paints.

Vallejo's Luftwaffe Uniform Grey works well, too.

21 minutes ago, TheWampa said:

Vallejo's Luftwaffe Uniform Grey works well, too.

@jme , Wampa is right. Vallejo's Luftwaffe Uniform Grey is the better economical choice and accessible choice. Archive X ships from the UK and is a little more expensive but it's an exact match for the filming models. I used it because I already had it for other Star Wars models. If I hadn't had it already, I probably would have used Vallejo.

Awesome, folks, many thanks.