Rebel Trooper list (community update)

By Jaric256, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

This isn't the most creative list, but the idea of starting round 2 with 8 focused attacks and then dropping covering fire makes me very happy

Deployments:
Alliance Ranger [Elite] [12]
2x Rebel Trooper [Elite] [14]
Ko-Tun Feralo [6]
Gideon Argus [3]
R2-D2 [3]
C-3P0 [2]
Commands:
Covering Fire [3]
Heart of Freedom [2]
Reinforcements [2]
Call the Vanguard [2]
Squad Swarm [2]
Field Supply [1]
Negation [1]
Concentrated Fire [1]
Tough Luck [1]
Celebration [0]
Element of Surprise [0]
Take Initiative [0]
Hour of Need [0]
Ready Weapons [0]
Of No Importance [0]

Thoughts?

How do you get 8 focus?

1 hour ago, Trevize84 said:

How do you get 8 focus?

2 from Gideon/3po and 6 from "get into position". Ideally at the start of round two, all 6 rebel troopers will be focused, along with two rangers, with the third having a power token from Kotun.

For anyone not familiar with covering fire:

Covering Fire.png

I'm looking forward to seeing if Squad Swarm becomes a fun thing to do with Elite Rebel Troopers.

I'd change something for Planning. You need all the help you can get, to get Covering Fire early. I like the idea a lot though.

13 minutes ago, aermet69 said:

I'd change something for Planning. You need all the help you can get, to get Covering Fire early. I like the idea a lot though.

That's a good call. Probably switch out either hour of need or of no importance

Yeah, those were my thoughts as well. Maybe both, and add Officer's Training. Should be doable to get a shot off with Ko-Tun T1.

looks like a great list

Good effort. That being said:

How do you think list list would work against say Vader? Can you get enough damage out on the field with the Rebel Troopers?

Image result for vader hallway gif

Or will the combat look more like this^

Edited by King_Balrog
1 hour ago, King_Balrog said:

Good effort. That being said:

How do you think list list would work against say Vader? Can you get enough damage out on the field with the Rebel Troopers?

Image result for vader hallway gif

Or will the combat look more like this^

That's always possible against Vader. My suspicion is that this list is going to have some serious burst damage round 2, but will taper off afterwards.

2 minutes ago, Jaric256 said:

That's always possible against Vader. My suspicion is that this list is going to have some serious burst damage round 2, but will taper off afterwards.

you may want to consider adding:

Fenn Signis Keep him near the Alliance Rangers so they benefit from Trooper Assault.

31 minutes ago, King_Balrog said:

you may want to consider adding:

Fenn Signis Keep him near the Alliance Rangers so they benefit from Trooper Assault.

I'm waiting for Finn to get recosted. Right now, I can't justify him at 9 points. Although, Finn might justify an attachment fix rather than simply recosting him.

Update: played against this last night and it looks like a fun list.

Downside: your focused rebel troopers WILL over-surge.