Is FFG done with this?

By Auzette, in Sid Meier's Civilization: A New Dawn

Got this in 2017. Played a few times, but the game does get repetitive after awhile.

Seems very ripe for expansion opportunities, and it was that hope that actually fueled my initial purchase. Stacked up against a host of other Civ style games I own, this is the most bare bones for content that I own. Would love to see more content from FFG.

Since it's been well over a year, though, it seems as if FFG is not interested in developing this further. Does anyone know otherwise (expansions afoot, or any FFG statements that suggest they will expand this line?)

I also bought this with expansions in mind, but it seems that this game is FFG (Forgotten Fy God)

It’s very sad. Great system and theme. So frustrating when quality games are just discarded to the side. Oh, more generic star wars miniatures, great.

I don't think it fared particularly well commercially, which is usually not a good sign for a board game. I personally didn't care for it that much, though I thought it was clever, it really lacked the Sid Meiers Civilization feel. It was more like a kind of generic area control game. I agree though I think it was pretty ripe for an expansion, I could see quite a bit of room for improvement to break up the repetitiveness of the game.

Agree w/ Big K, it's just okay in it's current state. I sold it off once it became clear that no expansion was forthcoming. A few more techs would have helped, but what it really needs is a better combat system, maybe a card-driven one like Game of Thrones or Kemet's.*

*I think every game that has combat should have combat like GoT or Kemet.

How could it be that this game has been released without the Germans or even the British?! ... to me it feels that the game as it comes is incomplete and something is missing.

This game is literally begging for an expansion, eben if its just a small card and cardboard pack, so like 8 more civs and wonders...

Maybe this wonder will happen

The easiest expansion for A New Dawn would be to add a dozen or so Civilizations; that they haven't even done that has me wondering why they haven't. It's unfortunate because this game has the map style that I like and it makes for a reasonable entry into advanced games for starting players, but I'd like to have more things to play with in game to justify playing it more than a few times with the same players. I even picked up the other Civilization, and the other, other Civilization, but I'd like to see more done with this one.

It certainly appears this game is done for. I just gave away my copy the other day. While I appreciate the game for what it was, it wasn't Civilization and that ultimately detracted from my enjoyment of it as a whole.

Proven wrong :)

i just discovered this game thanks to the new SOLO rules.

The game is superb.