Anecdotally, Descent is still popular

By Lightningclaw, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I just dropped by my FLGS (to buy foam for Descent storage, incidentally) and they have the base and every boxed expansion on the shelf.

They didn’t have all that a few days ago, but the shop must have decided it was worthwhile to stock ‘em.

Made me happy. Hopefully someone walks in, drops their jaw at the 8 boxes, then buys them!

My FLGS used to stock everything, as the H&M packs and lieutenants have whittled down they haven't been replaced and other games have started encroaching.

But I was happy to see that they restocked the box expansions last week.

35 minutes ago, Bucho said:

My FLGS used to stock everything, as the H&M packs and lieutenants have whittled down they haven't been replaced and other games have started encroaching.

But I was happy to see that they restocked the box expansions last week.

I’m missing 12 lieutenants. If my FLGS stocked them, I would be a poorer man.

Mine did have Oath Of The Outcast, which I bought. Ever since then they haven’t had the dice pack or any non-box expansions.

I've just purchased Skarn number 2 from one of mine- planning on making a 'bigger skarn' with some furniture / building props and bits of the second Skarn!

That sounds really cool. Very thematic.

I always found Skarn to be an unsettling lieutenant... he may not be a powerful dragon lord, an ancient and terrifying elf mage, or a ynfearnal demon, but if unchecked, everything in the world will be part of him.

I get a bit of an existential crisis thinking about it.

6 minutes ago, Lightningclaw said:

That sounds really cool. Very thematic.

Yep, got the idea from seeing the manor furniture terrain kit I intend to use to make 'giant Skarn' and thought it would fit the idea that Skarn keeps growing by adding things to itself (I also have an idea of how this inbuilt renewal/recycling will fit Skarn's role in the story I'm weaving together)

Love some of the description of Skarn in Manor of Ravens- how it basically gets broken up but can, if undefeated, just reassemble itself, perhaps from the very debris of battles it's been a part of. Never throw furniture at it!

And it would be quite an unnerving opponent- want to take me down? I have a whole manor to work with and a lot of ravens to help......

I'd love to see a picture when you're done!

On 4/13/2019 at 4:53 PM, Bucho said:

I'd love to see a picture when you're done!

Got to wait for some KS backed project kit to do this one (the only downside of KS, the wait, but the wait always builds up the excitement, plus I have PLENTY to work on in the meantime!)

I'll be looking to use some of the relevant bits of that collection to make 'epic Skarn', I may even greenstuff some of my own ideas.

It will need some creative thought, how to keep the Skarn look so it's a believable growth of the same entity and the same sort of feel that the ravens may have helped in the build process (which is why I purchased Skarn number two so I can incorporate this 'earlier form' into the evolved bigger form.)

The other advantage of the wait is that I may have leftovers from other mini and scenery builds by then that work for Skarn, especially from self-assemble minis that come with different options that mean you've usually got some unused alternative parts.

Looking forward to this project and seeing what I come up with. The other reason for the slow burn on my projects is actually making stuff to play out, so things I can bring to the table. Done some photoshoots recently for a Genesys RPG player resource so will be some teasers soon of all the crazy ideas in my head feeding into the story side of the projects as they feature some of the kit I've collected for this purpose, in a deliberately Genesys-book-art-styled way (mirroring the RPG system's core rulebook art style of ideas being brought to life, sketched out and evolving along with the story, quite apt with where my project's at)

Planning to use some suitable bits of this, chopped and changed where needed along with any useful leftovers and self-made bits: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/terraincrate-2-crate-expectations

Run as fast as you can, Ravenheath Manor has formed into some sort of life and it seems to be chasing us.....

@Watercolour Dragon Bumping because I’m rather curious about your custom Skarn model.

I’ve been shopping for Skarn and I remembered your post discussing your plans for it, just curious if it went anywhere.