RTL - Lieutenants Fortifying the Overlord's Keep

By twak2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hi all,

What do you think:

Lieutenants can fortify dungeons, and the Overlord's Keep (when it opens at the end of Gold) is a 5 level Dungeon. So if the Lieutenants are close enought they can fortify the keep?

If so it means that as an overlord I need to try and get my lieutenants over to the keep when I think the game's about to switch to the end-phase!

Thanks,

Twak

Sounds reasonable to me. I don't remember any rule that would prevent this. Having said that, I haven't actually played a campaign all the way to the final battle, either. =P

Yes, lieutenants may fortify the Overlord's keep as it is still a dungeon. The only exceptions noted in the rulebook are that Lts may not fortify Legendary dungeons and Secret Master areas. (However, I don't see how/why a Lt would fortify a Secret Master area since there are no dungeons there.)

edroz said:

Yes, lieutenants may fortify the Overlord's keep as it is still a dungeon. The only exceptions noted in the rulebook are that Lts may not fortify Legendary dungeons and Secret Master areas. (However, I don't see how/why a Lt would fortify a Secret Master area since there are no dungeons there.)

Maybe they want to distract the Training?

Note that all cards are discarded when the final fight starts, so the lieutenants can't reinforce during the battle with the avatar.

...With the exception of Dar Hilzernod's reinforcement ability I guess, as it doesn't use a card. Still, if the OL keeps the Farrows alive, he can have Doom!, Brilliant Commander and a 15-threat bonus at the beginning of the final keep, plus the power (if available) of his special Lieutenant. Certainly not game-breaking, but better than nothing.

Our OL missed that possibility: his Lieutenants were sieging until the end, and his final keep was not reinforced at all. serio.gif