Star Wars Episode IX The Rise Of Skywalker

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing

19 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

That would actually be kind of neat. Wouldn’t mind Thrawn returning in that capacity.

I can’t buy he was a part of founding the First Order - they’re too incompetent.

In my hopes/head-canon, Thrawn and Bridger end up in the Unknown Regions on a crippled ship thanks to the Purrgil-jump. There they have to come to an uneasy alliance to survive since Thrawn sees no value in continuing their conflict at this point, and Bridger is a potentially powerful resource. He's practical, not spiteful. This eventually leads to a respect and bromance where they form up forces to push back the approaching Vong, or some similar threat.

That's where they have been for the last 30 years. Maybe Ahsoka and Sabine eventually go out there and find them. Having them roll up now could be cool.

Just now, kris40k said:

In my hopes/head-canon, Thrawn and Bridger end up in the Unknown Regions on a crippled ship thanks to the Purrgil-jump. There they have to come to an uneasy alliance to survive since Thrawn sees no value in continuing their conflict at this point, and Bridger is a potentially powerful resource. He's practical, not spiteful. This eventually leads to a respect and bromance where they form up forces to push back the approaching Vong, or some similar threat.

That's where they have been for the last 30 years. Maybe Ahsoka and Sabine eventually go out there and find them. Having them roll up now could be cool.

So ... basically exactly the same as Zeb/Kallus?

Just now, Jeff Wilder said:

So ... basically exactly the same as Zeb/Kallus?

Yep, except larger scale.

Edited by kris40k

Maybe those Imperial colored Triangle Ties from the poster leak are not First Order. I know it's a long shot but I can dream.

So my thinking is that the Jedi tradition is over, Luke had essentially rejected it, what if a new tradition based on his teaching becomes the new force tradition? Users being called Skywalkers though not by blood but by virtue of how they use the force.

If I remember correctly in one of the books which is likely out of the canon now and Attack of the Clones, wasn't Darth Plagueis mentioned as someone able to control the force and life itself. Clearly some prescedent for palpatine to return...

First Order so incompetent, Thrawn defeats them in first thirty min of movie.. rest is epic force battle :)

Image result for thrawn

1 minute ago, kris40k said:

I could also see it starting as a deal. There has been talk in the books about how the Chiss are having internal conflicts. Thrawn offering to walk away from the Empire in exchange for Ezra’s help might fit in to the idea.

92isir3jzur21.png

J J Abrams said this was part of the opening.

Looking forward to this

1 minute ago, All Shields Forward said:

Maybe those Imperial colored Triangle Ties from the poster leak are not First Order. I know it's a long shot but I can dream.

Thrawn with the Chiss Ascendancy? :)

Regarding the FO being incompetent ... maybe on-screen, but remember, off-screen they managed to build their presence into something capable of taking on the New Republic, and they managed to build something more powerful than the Death Star. Overall, I don't think "incompetent" is a fair description. If anything, they're a Mary Sue of an Evil Organization.

Omg omg omg sooooo hyped!!!

1 minute ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

92isir3jzur21.png

J J Abrams said this was part of the opening.

Looks more like Yavin 4 than Endor...although I suppose with the force of the explosion it could have landed on a different moon. Or perhaps it is Endor and all the trees were blasted away in the impact.

3 minutes ago, Kani Kantai said:

Looks more like Yavin 4 than Endor...although I suppose with the force of the explosion it could have landed on a different moon. Or perhaps it is Endor and all the trees were blasted away in the impact.

New theory: Death Star wreckage we see is the forest moon of Endor and Ewok apocalypse is now canon.

3 minutes ago, Kani Kantai said:

unless Endor is more Earth-like, or Ewok Adventure like... DeathStar pieces could've landed all over the place, not just 'Redwood' region.

Just now, All Shields Forward said:

New theory: Death Star wreckage we see is the forest moon of Endor and Ewok apocalypse is now canon.

That's sort of what I was thinking with the final scene of the trailer. That could be a rather devastated Endor...

1 minute ago, RuusMarev said:

unless Endor is more Earth-like, or Ewok Adventure like... DeathStar pieces could've landed all over the place, not just 'Redwood' region.

Lol...**** you Ruus, I had successfully managed to forget the Ewok movies for a few months...yeah they did have wide open grassland didn’t they? And horses?

@Captain Lackwit

mstvs2nqgvr21.png

In case you were wondering about that medallion.

6 minutes ago, xanderf said:

That's sort of what I was thinking with the final scene of the trailer. That could be a rather devastated Endor...

Because they just didn't kill the happy ending of ROTJ enough in Force Awakens. They needed one more twist of the lightsaber.

4 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

@Captain Lackwit

mstvs2nqgvr21.png

"turn it around... lets see if its for Chewie!"

4 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

@Captain Lackwit

mstvs2nqgvr21.png

I was! Thanks Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun.

29 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

As cool as this is, I'm not sure they'd go through with it.

Based on what little lore we know about the existing canon, it's much more likely the new rebellion salvaged a few old ISDs from the scrapyards to fight the FO with. I mean scrapping out 25,000 +/- ISDs would take decades, right?

I could see either argument. But yes, it’d take quite a while to decom stuff.

However, the new canon also mentioned the empire signing a truce with the new republic, so there is a remnant that is not the FO.

15 minutes ago, Jeff Wilder said:

Regarding the FO being incompetent ... maybe on-screen, but remember, off-screen they managed to build their presence into something capable of taking on the New Republic, and they managed to build something more powerful than the Death Star. Overall, I don't think "incompetent" is a fair description. If anything, they're a Mary Sue of an Evil Organization.

Only because the republic was stupid enough to put all their military and civilian assets in one single solar system. Their superweapon worked fine.... once.

The FO tech is fine. They just have not a single military brain cell among them.

Just now, ScummyRebel said:

Only because the republic was stupid enough to put all their military and civilian assets in one single solar system. Their superweapon worked fine.... once.

I think you're thinking of the Resistance. I meant the entire new galactic government.

Just now, Jeff Wilder said:

I think you're thinking of the Resistance. I meant the entire new galactic government.

The movie says last day of the republic, so I think what they were saying is that yes, the republic had all their officials right there to be blown away.

I am not talking about the Resistance and their base that’s lost in TLJ.

9 minutes ago, Kani Kantai said:

Lol...**** you Ruus, I had successfully managed to forget the Ewok movies for a few months...yeah they did have wide open grassland didn’t they? And horses?

Dont forget Wisties like Tinker bell... errr... Izrina

Image result for ewok adventures fairy