Star Wars Episode IX The Rise Of Skywalker

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing

6 minutes ago, Derpzilla88 said:

My first guess to why there's a Palpatine laugh: Rey has a force vision of Palpatine/Palpatine's spirit when she goes to the crashed ruin of the Death Star II.

That is pretty possible. In Shattered Empire when Leia went to Naboo she could feel the presence of hatred Maul left there. So for a powerful force user like palp in his grave...

Might also have a chance for Anakin to show up.

9 minutes ago, Forresto said:

There is 100% an Imperial Class Star Destroyer with lights on!

If you put playback speed to super slow, its at the 1:32 mark.

Yeah I think you're right. We can totally see the shield globe and the bridge. https://imgur.com/JJ46Wy2 JJ46Wy2.jpg

Is that red paint we see on it just after that or is it just a shadow ?

Edited by Ximatique
41 minutes ago, Ximatique said:

Kylo's new silencer is neat !

kylo-min.thumb.jpg.7a2f860483a0927ceaf0213af54e5f0c.jpg

So possible new configuration/title to the silencer incoming???

Still... its better than the Rey vs a Star Destroyer Concept Art

swa7.png

8 minutes ago, Ximatique said:

Yeah I think you're right. We can totally see the shield globe and the bridge. https://imgur.com/JJ46Wy2 JJ46Wy2.jpg

Looks kinda like the bridge of an ISD, yes, but also sort of looks to be "facing" the wrong direction. IE., the neck seems to be descending in the direction the A-Wing is flying, but we see the A-Wing flying over quite a bit more length of hull.

So I'm thinking it's another new ship?

Ok Rey's finally getting her ball rolling, she looks AWESOME now and I'm being serious. But we just learned that "The Saga Comes to An End".

So, time for 30 years of radio silence from her till they bring her out to "pass the torch" when they revive the franchise.

13 minutes ago, Ximatique said:

There appear to be lights aboard.

It could be red paint still. Didn’t the rebels paint commandeered Imperial ships?

Maybe it’s a Resistance Star Destroyer?

Still hoping that Leia's secret back up is Imperial Remnants not down with the First Order.

1 minute ago, All Shields Forward said:

Still hoping that Leia's secret back up is Imperial Remnants not down with the First Order.

That would actually be kind of neat. Wouldn’t mind Thrawn returning in that capacity.

I can’t buy he was a part of founding the First Order - they’re too incompetent.

5 minutes ago, All Shields Forward said:

3 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

That would actually be kind of neat. Wouldn’t mind Thrawn returning in that capacity.

I can’t buy he was a part of founding the First Order - they’re too incompetent.

Me and some of my friends have been wanting this since TFA.

1 hour ago, Force Majeure said:

MuwahaHahaHaHa...!

The Emperor?

Plus giving the Empire itself a redemption story of sorts

I'd just like to see the Colossus come to the rescue.

Isnt the Eclipse lurking in the unknown region?

What is the ship seen around 1:13 that is flying down to the planet? Engine glow is about all I can make out? A-wing, Y-wing? Something new?

1 hour ago, Ximatique said:

Now imagine if it's called TIE Avenger! Dang, I will need to buy into the FO.

The title of "SKYWALKER" has been mentioned in the new Thrawn book. apparently Chiss do have a few force sensitive individuals, but manifests in children and only in precognition astronavigation abilities. The Chiss call children with the ability as 'skywalkers'

Is that a new silencer or an updated TIE Interceptor? To me it looks like a “Special Forces Interceptor”.

9 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

As cool as this is, I'm not sure they'd go through with it.

Based on what little lore we know about the existing canon, it's much more likely the new rebellion salvaged a few old ISDs from the scrapyards to fight the FO with. I mean scrapping out 25,000 +/- ISDs would take decades, right?

1 hour ago, xanderf said:

I mean, dang, why reveal that NOW...

Title of your sex tape.

1 hour ago, Old Sarge said:

I don’t want to watch it and spoil anything, but there’s no way I can hold out that long.

Title of your sex tape!

1 hour ago, kris40k said:

There better be some sort of weapons failure in play here.

Title of your sex tape!

Neat maybe, but WHY would she be wanting to leep over it, AND it want to be raming her? are its weapons disabled? AND can a LS really cut straight through a star fighter??

1 hour ago, joewrightgm said:

The dark side of the force is a path to many abilities some would consider ... unnatural...

i could buy that Palpatine was dark side ghost, pulling the strings.

Well, as we saw in the Dark empire saga, he did have plenty of clones to shunt his essence into..

1 hour ago, skotothalamos said:

Have you ever seen someone happy that they shot at a Jedi holding a lightsaber?

PLENTY of folk, in the rpg at least.

20 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Now that would be sweet..

23 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

That would fit with the presence of what appears to be an ISD-I , wouldn't it...? Huh.

Might not even be Kylo in the interceptor. The pilot being him is a fair assumption, but we only see the pilot's gloves...

What if that opening scene with Rey and the FO interceptor is just a vision/ dream? It seems more like a spiritual meaning in fighting a starfighter with just a lightsaber, and less like an action scene.