Star Wars Episode IX The Rise Of Skywalker

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing

1 minute ago, Odanan said:

Nope, it's vision that Vader has of the Emperor doing some magic with his mother's belly and saying: "unnatural".

🤨 I'm still leaning towards Palp pulling a mind ****.

8 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

🤨 I'm still leaning towards Palp pulling a mind ****.

It's possible too.

5 hours ago, Odanan said:

The new Vader comics suggest that the Emperor somehow manipulated the force to generate Anakin. It looks like the same happened to Rey.

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

Is that from something Palp states in the comic? If so I suggest you don't put much weight in it beyond a Sith Lord manipulating their apprentice...

https://boards.theforce.net/threads/lucas-original-concept-palpatine-as-anakins-father.19156374/

I mean, anybody could piece this together from just watching how Palpatine spoke to Anakin about Plagueis, slowly looking to him when he said, "...To create... life."

But hey. If that wasn't clear as day enough, early script drafts and comics canonizing things, that works too.

I hope the first 5 minutes are Luke waking up from the terrible disjointed dream that was the last 2 movies, and we get a properly written series continuation.

It's just so nice to see Billy Dee.

22 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

It's just so nice to see Billy Dee.

Image result for you're going to kill him aren't you

6 hours ago, Npmartian said:

I mean, we really do need to face the simple reality that all the original actors are quite old.

It'll happen to the new ones someday too.

But if anything, Lando, Chewie, L3 and The Falcon just, deserve a nice retirement.

20 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

But if anything, Lando, Chewie, L3 and The Falcon just, deserve a nice retirement.

It hadn't occurred to me that they could kill the Falcon. That would acrually be more devastating to me than any other death that could occur.

44 minutes ago, Scrivner said:

It hadn't occurred to me that they could kill the Falcon. That would acrually be more devastating to me than any other death that could occur.

HOW DARE YOU EVEN SUGGEST.

3 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

HOW DARE YOU EVEN SUGGEST.

🤨 I think it would depend on what resulted in its destruction. A hero ship going out doing something heroic would be a good send off. Just having the Falcon be destroyed at random would be disappointing. Though there are plenty of people that would refuse to differentiate the two. So many people have a strange desire for immortality, either for themselves or for things that they love. Nothing lives/lasts/exists forever. Often it is best just to hold onto the memory and smile instead of bleed ourselves out with sorrow and rage.

Chewie and the Falcon going out in a magnificent blaze of glory would make me very sad, but in a good way.

I hope this episode avoids fan service and just gives us an awesome Star Wars movie.

5 hours ago, Scrivner said:

I would sell off everything Star Wars and disavow the series forever.

Then I would use the money to hunt down the writer and kick them in their breakfast area so hard their ancestors would foreswear hard chairs.

Edited by BenderIsGreat

They started off the EU Yuzhan Vong (spelling, whatever) book line by dropping a moon on Chewbacca and killing him.

Some people got mad.

17 minutes ago, XPav said:

They started off the EU Yuzhan Vong (spelling, whatever) book line by dropping a moon on Chewbacca and killing him.

Some people got mad.

Which i never understood. IT TOOK DROPPING A bloody moon on him to kill him.. HOW awesome is that!

They got mad because he was killed off and wouldn't be seen again in the series, and was one of the main characters. So totally understandable.

Which is something i never understood. ARE THey effectively saying NO Hero should ever die? No main character get offed??

1 minute ago, LTuser said:

Which is something i never understood. ARE THey effectively saying NO Hero should ever die? No main character get offed??

Yes... No one wants those they care about to die, for some this includes fictional characters...

6 minutes ago, LTuser said:

4 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Yes... No one wants those they care about to die, for some this includes fictional characters...

But it like, happens, y'know?

5 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

But it like, happens, y'know?

Yep, and the type that throw fits over it must despise Game of Thrones.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:15 PM, BenderIsGreat said:

Then I would use the money to hunt down the writer and kick them in their breakfast area so hard their ancestors would foreswear hard chairs.

I'll join that mission.

On 4/28/2019 at 10:15 AM, BenderIsGreat said:

32 minutes ago, Firebird TMK said:

I'll join that mission.

I hope the Falcon is destroyed, because Star Wars fandom would be a lot better without attitudes like these.

You can retire a character from an ongoing story without killing them, though.

42 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

You can retire a character from an ongoing story without killing them, though.

Sure, yeah. There's no debating that.

But if that's what the writers want to do, that's okay. They're not doing it to offend folks.

Kill them! Kill them all! Red wedding style.

No character should be above losing their live, else the stakes are too low. This is an issue star wars sometimes suffers from (however a lot of that also stems from watching the same movies over and over again for 30 years), demanding more of it is kind of counterproductive to better star wars. Death being the only way out of a story also is a laziness in recent storytelling history that gets on my nerves, though.