Diagonal Line of Sight/Movement

By IKerensky, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hi,

I always played you can move/shoot along the corners of rooms and hallways. I know the rules say the LOS is valid if it stay on paper.

I noticed yesterday that some of the pieces are so dented that the actual square corner is in the black part of the tile and it is quite possible that the los goes out of the tile.

Is it an artistic licence ? or are some corners los cut ?

Ivan Kerensky said:

Hi,

I always played you can move/shoot along the corners of rooms and hallways. I know the rules say the LOS is valid if it stay on paper.

I noticed yesterday that some of the pieces are so dented that the actual square corner is in the black part of the tile and it is quite possible that the los goes out of the tile.

Is it an artistic licence ? or are some corners los cut ?

Artistic licence.

All spaces are identically square and have their corners and centres in the same relative position. This isn't a game like ASL where you have dots in the centre of hexes and use a piece of cotton thread or similar to check LsOS through irregularly shaped buildings and woods. It is a much simpler game that doesn't need additional tools or delicate measuring devices or intense scrutiny of minor artistic details. The physical playing of this game is very simple (even though quite a few people seem to have difficult recognising the simple geometries in the LOS system).

Corbon said:

Artistic licence.

All spaces are identically square and have their corners and centres in the same relative position. This isn't a game like ASL where you have dots in the centre of hexes and use a piece of cotton thread or similar to check LsOS through irregularly shaped buildings and woods. It is a much simpler game that doesn't need additional tools or delicate measuring devices or intense scrutiny of minor artistic details. The physical playing of this game is very simple (even though quite a few people seem to have difficult recognising the simple geometries in the LOS system).

+1. All squares are identical for this purpose.