Mat shipping later?

By lastcouncilor, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Hi. My game preorder just got a tracking number but the preorder for the mat still says pending. Is it shipping later then?

Edited by lastcouncilor

did you preorder them in the same transaction? maybe the mats are arriving in their warehouse later than the core boxes or something!

Just now, manoftomorrow010 said:

did you preorder them in the same transaction? maybe the mats are arriving in their warehouse later than the core boxes or something!

That's a good point. I did pre-order them in the same transaction but when I look at the pre orders at broke it into to separate transactions. The one for the game change the processing then my card was charged and now it's shipping the one for the mat has not changed it all.

3 minutes ago, lastcouncilor said:

That's a good point. I did pre-order them in the same transaction but when I look at the pre orders at broke it into to separate transactions. The one for the game change the processing then my card was charged and now it's shipping the one for the mat has not changed it all.

interesting. I didn't get the large mat, so I can't speak to why they'd do that lol I'm just trying to think back to all my previous preorders with other games, and I can't think of a similar situation. It may very well be that they want to keep the "street date" for the game, so it is being shipped ASAP to make it to you (and stores) but maybe the mat is less of a priority, or they just got them late from the manufacturer!

I will probably buy the large mat at a later date. I got the exclusive player mats for preordering on the day of announcement, so I held off on the big one for now :)

It seems that Mats Also come to stores later than the game itself... all in all I am guite sure that the mat and the game would have been separate shipments in anyway. One big round packet and one big cube don`t fit well together in anyway :)

Just confirmed via phone call reply from Asmodee that the mats are shipping later. No ETA given. They indicated an email regarding this went out, but I cannot find mine (yes I checked spam and all that).

I am waiting on the mat to drop to get the game shipped. I ordered them together. It sucks due to having the Game of Thrones mat ordered since 10/22/18 and no signs of it yet.

Mats arrived today at my local game store.

Mine arrives in Idaho Tuesday. :)

What are peoples thoughts on the mats....I am concerned that it looks confusing with the map tiles on them?

The mats i have are with colorfull pictures and indeed with the tiles on top of them it looks very "busy". Thats why I waiting for the official mat with the Middle Earth map. I always wanted such a mat and now even more because of its big size. Playing Middle Earth Wizards card game I always used a paper map and that goes vey well.