RTL xp question

By daddystabz, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

In reading through the Road to Legend rules I understand how when the combined heroes/overlord xp totals reach certain thresholds the campaign advances to the next level. However one thing I was wondering is as follows: let's say for example that the players have accumulated an overall total thus far of 100 xp and a hero spends 20 xp on something during a campaign game week. Would the overall xp in terms of campaign level threshold now be only 80 from the heroes or still be 100? In other words, for purposes of campaign level the spent xp does not matter, only the earned xp, correct?

Correct - only the earned XP, not the spent.

daddystabz said:

In reading through the Road to Legend rules I understand how when the combined heroes/overlord xp totals reach certain thresholds the campaign advances to the next level. However one thing I was wondering is as follows: let's say for example that the players have accumulated an overall total thus far of 100 xp and a hero spends 20 xp on something during a campaign game week. Would the overall xp in terms of campaign level threshold now be only 80 from the heroes or still be 100? In other words, for purposes of campaign level the spent xp does not matter, only the earned xp, correct?

You confusing two different things: Conquest and Experience .

The Total Conquest that determines the Campaign Level is the total amount of Conquest tokens the heroes have gained plus the Overlord's Conquest gains. You never spend Conquest on anything.

Experience is the result of gaining Conquest. For each Conquest you gain, you also gain one Experience. Experience is what the OL and heroes spend on upgrades and training.