Crane Clan Newbie Introduction

By Matrim, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

I don't know if I'm upset or pleased that this wasn't released on April Fools with a link to the Aerosmith "Dude Looks Like a Lady" video...……

;)

Another fine job!

Keep them coming. I'm pretty sure the next feature should be on the Sh …...Ch'adowlands. I mean if we're going by alphabetically and all.

Sorry to sound insensitive, but could you cite your sources that Doji Shigeru is a male? I realize that Shigeru is very similar to my "name" and I am in fact male, or so I have been telling my wife, but if Shigeru is in fact a male... dude does... look like a lady... Aerosmith.

It is known.

As far as my census is concerned, all we know about Shigeru is from the card, and the there is no concrete indication of their gender.

4 hours ago, HirumaShigure said:

Sorry to sound insensitive, but could you cite your sources that Doji Shigeru is a male? I realize that Shigeru  is very similar to my "name" and I am in fact male, or so I have been telling my wife, but if Shigeru is in fact a male... dude does... look like a lady... Aerosmith.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shigeru

In Japan, Shigeru is a given name for males. Plus the quote on the card doesn't make a lot of sense if the character is female. He is leaning into the effeminate stereotype of Crane men.

9 hours ago, DarkHorse said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shigeru

In Japan, Shigeru is a given name for males. Plus the quote on the card doesn't make a lot of sense if the character is female. He is leaning into the effeminate stereotype of Crane men.

I realise that it's a bit tired but, Rokugan isn't Japan.

Secondly, adult Rokugani can choose their own name at gempukku , so there's no reason that a woman couldn't have chosen it.

Finally, the quote makes complete sense if (Doji?) Shike is a famously beautiful woman and a female Shigeru isn't normally considered her equal. At least it does to this Brit, where we are known for self-deprecation.

You can look for entries on the old L5R, Shigeru is male, and often confused with being a woman

In the old L5R, the Crane Champion was male. I'm not making assumptions.