Post release support question

By Weller1980, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Just wondering if anyone knows what kind of support we can expect from this in relation to expansions etc.? Have the Devs shared any long term plans....

I'm hoping for a Star Wars Legion strategy where they release regular expansions etc. but, I guess it depends on if the game is good or not....

4 hours ago, Weller1980 said:

Just wondering if anyone knows what kind of support we can expect from this in relation to expansions etc.? Have the Devs shared any long term plans....

I'm hoping for a Star Wars Legion strategy where they release regular expansions etc. but, I guess it depends on if the game is good or not....

I believe on the first FFG live video they talked about releasing or having some expansions already mapped out, whether strictly adventures utilizing only the core set, or more physical expansions.

That's the cool thing about this game, while maybe waiting to release physical expansions with more heroes, villains, map tiles, they can release intermediate expansions that are simply app updates.

I could see expansions like they do for LOTR LCG, small adventure packs (app updates only) and expanded box sets, like the Deluxe Expansions of LOTR LCG where the smaller app-only update adventures are based off previous deluxe expansions.

But that's just me spitballing

I believe there was mention in the video of a second downloadable campaign already being in the works.

Wether or not that has any additional physical content I'm not sure, as I don't think they really mentioned it at all...

I think its pretty clear from FFG's track records that we can expect plenty of content in the future if the Core sells well.

They did say that first expansion only use core game parts.

Any one know if the downloadable content will cost additional money?

Most likely Yes, it will cost some money. The exact cost is not clear, but there Are those in Mansion of madnes 2 so something similar. Some people have talked about 5$, but that Sounds too Little to me... but I don`t have real info about that. Only what was in that first Ffg video and what comments I have seen. In anyway they have digital content allready in other games and those cost money (the programming and developing campaign is not free, so there has to be payment involved. How big, remains to be seing.

in this preview of the lord of the rings journeys in middle earth app , by Boardgames with Niramas , it has more then just the core set when you go to the collection screen. it looks like it might be an enemy expansion but it is hard to make out.

I think there will be expansions like imperial assault. Small and big expansions. First small expansion is Villians of Eriador. That includes two enemy figures and something else maybe a sidemission. Then there will be digital expansion and I think them cost like mom2 about 5€. Here is video where You can see first expansion

Edited by Kepagt
1 hour ago, Kepagt said:

I think there will be expansions like imperial assault. Small and big expansions. First small expansion is Villians of Eriador. That includes two enemy figures and something else maybe a sidemission. Then there will be digital expansion and I think them cost like mom2 about 5€. Here is video where You can see first expansion.

If FFG's past history with Imperial Assault is any indication, we can expect Figures and Cards in expansions.

7 hours ago, Kepagt said:

First small expansion is Villians of Eriador. That includes two enemy figures and something else maybe a sidemission. Then there will be digital expansion and I think them cost like mom2 about 5€.

So you can see where the upcoming expansion will go in the app, I assume? I'd be surprised if FFG leaked the actual expansion with no news announcement of any sort.

15 minutes ago, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

So you can see where the upcoming expansion will go in the app, I assume? I'd be surprised if FFG leaked the actual expansion with no news announcement of any sort.

its shown in the video above at 2:16

Thanks! Seems odd that FFG would allow an expansion to anticlimactically be leaked like that on an app page.

Lo and behold...the expansion and the next campaign have been announced today. The campaign will be $5. Due out in Q3, along with the small expansion.