Purpose of "My Collection" feature?

By Ambigatos, in X-Wing Squad Builder

What is the intended purpose of the "my collection" feature in the app? Even if I set everything to zero It still let's me build anything. I'm hoping there will be a functionality to this at some point, or a way to keep track of models and/or how many you can actually field of something. I know it's not necessary, but if the feature is already there....

Edited by Ambigatos
3 hours ago, Ambigatos said:

What is the intended purpose of the "my collection" feature in the app? Even if I set everything to zero It still let's me build anything. I'm hoping there will be a functionality to this at some point, or a way to keep track of models and/or how many you can actually field of something. I know it's not necessary, but if the feature is already there....

Currently there is no way to use an entered collection to restrict your squad-building choices. There is also no granularity to the collection if you have an additional model and maneuver dial without having all of the cards for a ship or accommodation of promo pilot cards and promo upgrade cards.