Suggestions/proposals for Community voted Boba Fett Fix

By Mandalore of the Rings, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

1 minute ago, Jaric256 said:

So with the new BD, do you gain a plus two damage surge, or just add two damage?

+2 damage would actually be better, but Boba's already looking at having extra surges. It is surge, only because the new card points to the abilities on the old card, so I'd have to rewrite BD on that tiny card. With the loss of Weaken, being automatic because Flamethrower, Boba only has 2 surge abilities. Pierce, which should probably be Pierce 2, and with his dice, 2 surges will happen pretty regularly. Under the current meta, even with this skirmish card, 10 points is probably a big expensive; as I agreed with in another thread, it seems the new standard is 2 damage, and 2 or 3 pierce, along with some form of recovery.

First, I think Boba is viable a 8 points. That would be my "fix".

But if I had to create a fix card, I'd go for max. 12 points (he shouldn't be as good as hater Vader) and give him established abilities: Professional, Versatile Weaponry, Priority Target, Assassin, stuff like that.

I like the mentioned fix for Battle Discipline, not being at declare but before spend surges.

Edited by DerBaer

Personally I'd prefer to have him as a centerpiece like IG. He's iconic, moreso than IG-88. So anywhere in the 10-12 point range.

On 4/10/2019 at 2:25 AM, bokepasa said:

As someone said before, all of us have our own thoughts about Boba. "Back Blast" sounds better if its limited once per round.

Either way, here is my take on Boba:

Down to 12 deployments points. Battle Discipline is seamlessly distributed among the existing surges. His attack pool doesn't change so he cannot deal too much more damage. To compensate that fact and put him into the same league as Vader or IG-88, the "Wrist Rocket" ability follows the pattern of Sabine's "parting gift" but with a red die. And of course, he has to be Professional to reroll one die.

It could be Vehicle as well, something to discuss.

305382616_BobaFett.thumb.jpg.dbf4eb968008676f68630194ea12dd7e.jpg

P.S. The design follows the same pattern than some cards I brought to the Worlds recently ;) Hope you like it.

Great design for a Boba Fett card, the only thing that he would really need is the vehicle trait. I have been waiting for a replacement for him, and this seems to be the answer to him.

On 4/10/2019 at 7:07 AM, Rikalonius said:

The issue I can see is the same issue that was presented to me, what to do about Mandalorian Tactics?

Couldn't his issue be solved by creating a new command card for Boba? Maybe something like this would work?

image.png.e9e1d82b6ee24237c5dd7304c1bb785a.png

I always think of Boba taking his father's revenge on the jedi and sith alike. It also makes gives him a card that allows him to compete with IG or Luke. Please tell me what you guys think.

Edited by NukeADuke