Faction break down for worlds

By FrogTrigger, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

The thought nerver occured to me to use the cats that way. Very very innovative for sure, both the cats and the rest of the list. That may well be a counter of sorts to the plague that is spectre cell. I wish him the best of luck in the champs.

22 hours ago, ManateeX said:

Update if you're curious: he's playing the list again in the UK Nats right now, once again he played against nothing but spectre and once again made the cut (which takes place tomorrow). Go cats go! :P

So did he win this time?

9 hours ago, mischraum.de said:

So did he win this time?

From what I hear the final 4 was 3 spectres and the cats, and the cats came out on top!

1 hour ago, ManateeX said:

From what I hear the final 4 was 3 spectres and the cats, and the cats came out on top!

Marvelous!

Go cats!

This is a real beacon of hope for the game as a whole. I have not had this type of warm, tingly feeling in my body for a long time. :)

Hello friends, yes I haz achieved the trophy this time! Somehow it was even more tiring than worlds, and the possibility of drawing blitz for the final right after playing it for the semi-finals was a little stressful. Very strangely I always seem to get matched against only SC, although this time it may have been my own doing by taking the first round bye for winning regionals and only playing people within the top 8 across both days (some of them more than once lol).

Congratulations! I do hope they give us a final FAQ adressing Spectre Cell.

8 hours ago, penguizaur said:

Hello friends, yes I haz achieved the trophy this time! Somehow it was even more tiring than worlds, and the possibility of drawing blitz for the final right after playing it for the semi-finals was a little stressful. Very strangely I always seem to get matched against only SC, although this time it may have been my own doing by taking the first round bye for winning regionals and only playing people within the top 8 across both days (some of them more than once lol).

Congratulations! Any chance for a report or a bit of strategy tips on playing your list?

I didn't see how he fared in the last match, but I was the semi-finalist David beat to make the final. I beat him originally in the last round of Swiss, and it was very close in that round by around 3 points.

In the semi-final I lost by 2 points, having forgotten to use my Rebel Graffiti in round 1 (which would have given me the extra 2 points), and then also missing a range 4 shot with Hera on a near-dead Onar, rolling 3 range with no re-rolls at 38-36 in my favour as the last action of turn 3. As soon as turn 4 started David used Sabine to move up and Kanan as he had initiative, and there was nothing I could do to stop it, as even with dying lunge, I couldn't kill Sabine in retaliation prior to dying.

David is a great guy, and we are now 2 - 2 against each other after having a similar result in the last regional of the season with my Han - Rangers taking out his Greedo for a tie-break score win.

5 hours ago, Ram said:

Congratulations! Any chance for a report or a bit of strategy tips on playing your list?

Sure, I'd be happy to write some stuff up if there is interest. I've got my notes lying around already

1 hour ago, penguizaur said:

Sure, I'd be happy to write some stuff up if there is interest. I've got my notes lying around already

sounds fun. It might be inspirational. I've really had a hard time even looking at this game after playing against cheaters and punks in a regional, I totally stopped caring. Skirmish was easily the best game that FFG produced yet they keep finding ways to screw it up or end it. There are so many ways that they could make this a more accessible game too.

6 hours ago, onyersix said:

I didn't see how he fared in the last match, but I was the semi-finalist David beat to make the final. I beat him originally in the last round of Swiss, and it was very close in that round by around 3 points.

In the semi-final I lost by 2 points, having forgotten to use my Rebel Graffiti in round 1 (which would have given me the extra 2 points), and then also missing a range 4 shot with Hera on a near-dead Onar, rolling 3 range with no re-rolls at 38-36 in my favour as the last action of turn 3. As soon as turn 4 started David used Sabine to move up and Kanan as he had initiative, and there was nothing I could do to stop it, as even with dying lunge, I couldn't kill Sabine in retaliation prior to dying.

David is a great guy, and we are now 2 - 2 against each other after having a similar result in the last regional of the season with my Han - Rangers taking out his Greedo for a tie-break score win. 

Our games are always just one or two points off! I actually don't even know how I pulled this one off, at some point you were ahead 20-4 and I was pretty terrified (especially since it was blitz).

Looking back I think that I might have had negation in round 1: I remember in round 2 when you activated her early I decided not to negate graffiti because I had heightened, tools, and assassinate, and was ready to take her out so I let it go hoping I could survive 4 more points (cut it a bit too close though didn't I? haha!). Its all a little hazy, but I might have been really scared of a round 3 take initiative from you which could have nearly wiped me off the board since Ezra had made it to Jabba and you would have had the SC extra attack as well.

Looking forward to our next matchup! :)

On 6/4/2019 at 2:28 PM, penguizaur said:

I would really like to read that. :) I have been hunting for a Paper for the SC Rock for a long time.