Video of Star Wars Outer Rim Demo

By Karneck, in Star Wars: Outer Rim

Hey everyone! I'm a star wars Armada plauer, but wanted to share this.

I managed to live stream playing about 10 rounds of Star Wars Outer Rim.

This game is so much fun!

It is loud at the con, but I did my post to at least show the game. Missed starting it for rules explanation, but you any questions feel free to ask if you see something from the video.

I heard rumors about an automation deck for solo play. Do you know anything regarding that?

It states on the box "a game for 1-4 players".

So yes, some sort of machanic is in place for solo play. But I did not ask questions about it.

Edited by Karneck

Oh man, thanks for posting this. I gotta remember this in a few days so won't have time to watch it for a bit >.>

I'm curious, how are the starting ships allocated? It seems there are 2 of each (4 in total), so is it at random or...?

53 minutes ago, Bron Ander Haltern said:

I'm curious, how are the starting ships allocated? It seems there are 2 of each (4 in total), so is it at random or...?

You choose which ship to start with. The G9 is faster but has less hull and attack compared to the G-1A.

In case people didn’t know, FFG did a live playthrough of a full game last week:

"You choose which ship to start with."

The ship selection procedure wasn't actually shown on the FFG stream.

It seems that there are 4 starting ship boards only. If players who select their ships first choose the same ship, the other players won't really have a choice - so who selects first? Just a small detail I'm curious about. :)

There are 4 double sided starter ship cards. You just flip it to the side of the ship you wish to start with.

Yep, the starter ship boards are double sided as they don’t upgrade into anything, so it’s player choice. Kinda wish the G9 had an additional perk to make it more attractive than just 1 speed faster, like making the mod slot as a mod/cargo slot instead so you could focus more on delivery than fighting.

1 hour ago, Karneck said:

There are 4 double sided starter ship cards. You just flip it to the side of the ship you wish to start with.

Ah, I see, didn't think about it. *facepalm* That's great, actually.

Thanks for the answer!