B-22 heavy swarm

By Magnus Grendel, in X-Wing Squad Lists

Just noticed that you can field a 5-strong mob of Bellyrub-22s with the cheapest generic (the Feethan Ottraw Autopilot). The Bellboy-22 isn't the most powerful ship in the game but it's a respectable 3/2/3/2, only 1 hit more fragile than the Khiraxz, but with a pair of Icon damage crit-blunting shield tokens instead of one, and with the rather natty Icon action barrel roll ► Icon action calculate red and Icon action boost ► Icon action calculate red options, giving it respectable action-manouvrability allied to a pretty decent dial.

More importantly, since the Blabbermouth-22 is only 37 points, by the time you field 5 you've saved up 15 points....which means that whilst (unlike the more expensive Bubblebath-22 pilots) the Feethan Ottraw Autopilot 'only' gets Icon action calculate, not the more effective Icon action focus , you might be able to turn that weakness into an advantage because the Bulbsaur-22 has the Tactical Relay slot, allowing one ship to either equip a Hull Upgrade and Kraken, or Soulless One and K2-B4, giving the squad either a general action economy boost or toughness boost. You've even got enough points to take any of the better Bluebottle-22 pilots - Even Grievous himself fits in with 5 points to spare.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

My reac is to the mess that is the diverse renaming of the ship, not your idea. Kracken is tempting but I think the Feethan squad would get better mileage with K2-B4 (not limited to 3 ships). Then you could also toss on 5 Electronic Baffles (in Extended anyways) for a situational stress dump for the squad. Nothing wrong with Soulless One on the Tac Relay ship for Hyperspace though. :D

Edited by Hiemfire

I have had really good success with 5 Khiraxz. Don't knock 'em! I say give it a try. The Buick has the 1 Banks and 1 Hard Turns that become crucial once the scrum starts.

4 hours ago, heychadwick said:

I have had really good success with 5 Khiraxz. Don't knock 'em! I say give it a try. The Buick has the 1 Banks and 1 Hard Turns that become crucial once the scrum starts.

That's what made me think of the idea, really - it's dial is very similar to a khiraxz when you look at it, and it even has the speed 3 turns that Scum ships generally lack (yes, they're red but Kraken means you can hang onto a calculate from last turn).

15 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Just noticed that you can field a 5-strong mob of Bellyrub-22s with the cheapest generic (the Feethan Ottraw Autopilot). The Bellboy-22 isn't the most powerful ship in the game but it's a respectable 3/2/3/2, only 1 hit more fragile than the Khiraxz, but with a pair of Icon damage crit-blunting shield tokens instead of one, and with the rather natty Icon action barrel roll ► Icon action calculate red and Icon action boost ► Icon action calculate red options, giving it respectable action-manouvrability allied to a pretty decent dial.

More importantly, since the Blabbermouth-22 is only 37 points, by the time you field 5 you've saved up 15 points....which means that whilst (unlike the more expensive Bubblebath-22 pilots) the Feethan Ottraw Autopilot 'only' gets Icon action calculate, not the more effective Icon action focus , you might be able to turn that weakness into an advantage because the Bulbsaur-22 has the Tactical Relay slot, allowing one ship to either equip a Hull Upgrade and Kraken, or Soulless One and K2-B4, giving the squad either a general action economy boost or toughness boost. You've even got enough points to take any of the better Bluebottle-22 pilots - Even Grievous himself fits in with 5 points to spare.

I applaud the sheer number of Blub-22 misnomers here.

On Friday, March 29, 2019 at 7:11 AM, heychadwick said:

I have had really good success with 5 Khiraxz. Don't knock 'em! I say give it a try. The Buick has the 1 Banks and 1 Hard Turns that become crucial once the scrum starts.

It's on my list of "lists to fly."

It's a great idea and I can definitely see it being fun at the least, however I can't say I will be flying it at any tournaments any time soon.... 5 squadron Packs!! Are you kidding me!! That's alot of Dough.

2 hours ago, K13R4N said:

It's a great idea and I can definitely see it being fun at the least, however I can't say I will be flying it at any tournaments any time soon.... 5 squadron Packs!! Are you kidding me!! That's alot of Dough.

Apparently Barnes & Noble really wanted to get this list on the table, I smell droid CEO