New Set... No more love from FFG?

By MalaciousMawloc, in Star Wars: Destiny

Convergence finally came out today, the last two weeks they've released articles about new releases. Today we got 6 new articles about other Star Wars games. Nothing for Destiny, no holocrons no announcements nothing... Why?

It isn't our turn yet.

Also, Destiny articles usually come out on Tuesdays and Fridays. So we will probably see a release announcement tomorrow.

I mean, The announcements were from a miniatures convention

At one time this game was FFG's darling. Now it is the ugly step child. Amazing what a massive drop in sales does to a game.

My prediction is Star Wars Destiny has two years left, which I know only mean 4 years of sets. Based on the drop in communication and over-all lack of concern for the game and its community, as we saw with many LCGs, this game is unfortunately showing signs of the end. And with all the focus on Keyforge, with its success and easier system of production (being purely a card game), FFG has definitely dropped interest in Destiny. Perhaps the collectible nature of the game isn't helping it any more.

With only two competitive LCGs and now Keyforge, Destiny will be the odd-game out.

39 minutes ago, KingOfOdonata said:

...with all the focus on Keyforge, with its success and easier system of production (being purely a card game)...

The appeal to KeyForge was the random decks that would be limited by chains via the app. The app is unfinished, product vanished and you can't buy product, GEM is a mess and the chain system is amateur hour at best. So the game is showing the strain around here. With some players buying 600+ decks the game is pure pay to win and the players unable to buy such a ridiculous number of decks are abandoning the game, we went from 16+ to 2 at my FLGS in just 2 months.

KeyForge/Destiny/Armada/X-Wing/Insert Name of FFG Game is a great, but FFG just doesn't allocate the resources to their games to ensure that the game is as good as it can be.

Can´t say that Destiny is losing sales anywhere I´ve noticed. Keyforge had a month spike of interest and petered out.

55 minutes ago, wahidovic said:

not on the contrary I think Star Wars Destiny is back in force and remember it well

if only it had more popularity

56795464_2448827581829265_34595437282622

like that r2 is now a character. i would like the cheap ewoks better if there would be a wicket... and a cheap one