[Ruling] Solitary Strength

By Bayushi Shunsuke, in L5R LCG: Rules Discussion

Is the phrase 'If attached character is participating in a conflict with 1 or more other characters you control, discard this attachment.' on Solitary Strength referring to the controller of the attachment or the controller of the attached character? e.g. If I attach it your character, does it fall off when I have 1 or more characters in the conflict with it or when you have 1 or more other characters?

Just now, Bayushi Shunsuke said:

Is the phrase 'If attached character is participating in a conflict with 1 or more other characters you control, discard this attachment.' on Solitary Strength referring to the controller of the attachment or the controller of the attached character? e.g. If I attach it your character, does it fall off when I have 1 or more characters in the conflict with it or when you have 1 or more other characters?

If I attach my Solitary Strength to my opponent’s character, the attachment will discard itself if that character is ever in a conflict with any of my characters. Because I control the Solitary Strength, any participating character I control that is not the attached character will cause the attachment to fall off.

[Tyler Parrott, Feb 26 2019]