When does the next Armada store championship season start?

By drail14me, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

Wondering what the new Armada tournament season looks like after Worlds?

Tournament season? Store Championships? Regionals?

Well firstly we're not getting Regionals any more .

We're getting 2 Store Championships per year, and "Prime Championships" instead of Regionals - possibly only 1 per year.

Given that we still haven't got the 2018 Season 4 kits properly, and that we're no longer getting quarterly kits in the same way, I'm not sure even FFG knows what will be happening.

Edited by Grumbleduke

I feel this is unnecessary negative.

Q4 kits are coming through as we speak - I know if multiple stores that have confirmed to have them, for one.

We are waiting for more information on the rest, though - information Tgat is most likely delayed due to the very small OP team being involved with a little tournament of absolutely no importance right now 😁

I’m not sure if I was reading the article right but it looked to me like there is going to be more events running, and the chance for more “loot” to be had at your local games store?

Essentially.

At a bare minimum, the quarterly kits will continue as before, and “Store Champs” will be doubled up on,

Regionals is where things get.... interesting. Being that they also add “winner can go to worlds” rather than “winner gets a spot saved”

On 3/28/2019 at 9:18 PM, Herr Style said:

I’m not sure if I was reading the article right but it looked to me like there is going to be more events running, and the chance for more “loot” to be had at your local games store?

Which article?

Grumbleduke further up the thread has the link.

Well, it is just another name for it. Regionals are now Prime Championships . And each winner of a Prime Championships get a seat for the Worlds (same as it was this year).

There is no word how many there will be. but i assume the same number as in the past.

More important is the fact that the worlds are not open for everyone anymore.
With only the top 4 from Nationals (now Grand Championships ) and only the top 8 from Euro and NA Championship (now Continental Championships ), they will need quite a few Prime Championships to fill up the next Worlds .
BTW, both same as this year.

Lets calculate:
2x Continental with 8 seats each.
~12x Grand with 4 seats each.
unknown number from former Worlds who get seat for the next Worlds (if any).

This would be around 64 + X seats.
If they want a similar number as this year (94 seats), they will need quite a few Prime tournaments .
I am not sure if this inventional only format will work with Armada. It could be that we are less than 30 player next year 😉 .
Remember, there have only been 6 player who could have used a bye on this years Worlds . This means only 6 player who were top 2 on Continental ( Euro or NA ) or won a Grand (Nationals). 6 out of 16 or more . And only 8 player from outside North America. They will have to do really a lot of Prime tournaments to fill this up.
But FFG should know the numbers way better from this years worlds. How many of these 94 had a reserved seat and how many came in via ticket lottery.