Custom Bases / Mini's

By RandomDude13, in Organized Play

I was wondering if there is any ruling around custom basis and or/mini's when it comes to official events (like worlds). What is allowed, and what not? Are my custom Mini's allowed? How about 3D Printed bases? Is this okay as long as they are 27mm?

Edited by RandomDude13
Bad english :-D

Depending on the event, the Tournament may have their own requirements and restrictions on top of the official FFG resources. For instance, Adepticon has a seperate Model Policy (found here: https://www.adepticon.org/wpfiles/2019/2019model.pdf ) which has some further rules regarding custom minis and bases, as well as the process for getting approval of anything that might be questionable prior to the event.

Thanks for that!

Did they push the 3 color rule for Stormies amd Vader? Seems harsh to demand 3 colors of units that are 1-2 colors IRL.

2 hours ago, Cusm said:

Did they push the 3 color rule for Stormies amd Vader? Seems harsh to demand 3 colors of units that are 1-2 colors IRL.

Vader has black, grey, silver, and red. Stormtroopers have white, black, grey, and dark metal.

16 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Vader has black, grey, silver, and red. Stormtroopers have white, black, grey, and dark metal.

Actually Stormtroopers have White, Black, Gray and light blue. The E11/Sterlings were black. But again if someone showed up with just a black/white stormie would they have protested?

5 minutes ago, Cusm said:

Actually Stormtroopers have White, Black, Gray and light blue. The E11/Sterlings were black. But again if someone showed up with just a black/white stormie would they have protested?

Regardless, that means the units are more than 1-2 colors "IRL," so people can still paint them canon and meet the 3 colour minimums. Plus, unless I'm mistaken, painting the base counts towards color total, so even if the model was just white and black, so long as the base is some third colour it isn't an issue. The only people who can tell you if the would have protested is the organizers of the tournament unless someone witnessed people turned away.