Deployment costs

By pausbk, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

Hi, I am new to the game, and have a question.

Some cards have 2 deployment costs, does that mean I could just buy one model on a group card using the lower cost, or do I have to buy the full compliment of 2 or 3 models?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I also forgot to add, Iā€™d there a limit on mon unique deployment cards, elite and regular?

22 minutes ago, pausbk said:

Some cards have 2 deployment costs, does that mean I could just buy one model on a group card using the lower cost, or do I have to buy the full compliment of 2 or 3 models?

You have to buy the full group, at the full deployment cost.

The smaller number is the reinforcement cost, which is used in the campaign game; it's also used as the figure cost, which is sometimes needed in skirmish (on some Command cards etc.), but not for list-building.

21 minutes ago, pausbk said:

I also forgot to add, Iā€™d there a limit on mon unique deployment cards, elite and regular?

You may have up to two of the same elite deployment card, and up to four of the same regular deployment card.

Thank you for the clarification šŸ˜ šŸ‘

1 hour ago, Bitterman said:

The smaller number is the reinforcement cost, which is used in the campaign game; it's also used as the figure cost, which is sometimes needed in skirmish (on some Command cards etc.), but not for list-building.

It is also the amount of VPs earned when one figure in that group is defeated in a skirmish.

However, I believe it wasn't always this way. Once upon a time when Imperial Assault first debuted, a player could not earn any VPs from a card until the all the figures corresponding to that card were eliminated. This resulted in 2- or 3-figure groups sending one of their members to go and hide when things got rough to avoiding giving up any points, even when the other figures had already been defeated. Thank goodness they changed that.

9 hours ago, GuillotineTE said:

It is also the amount of VPs earned when one figure in that group is defeated in a skirmish.

However, I believe it wasn't always this way. Once upon a time when Imperial Assault first debuted, a player could not earn any VPs from a card until the all the figures corresponding to that card were eliminated. This resulted in 2- or 3-figure groups sending one of their members to go and hide when things got rough to avoiding giving up any points, even when the other figures had already been defeated. Thank goodness they changed that.

It was also super fun in a four way skirmish to let the other two opponents do all the work and then swoop in for the kill steal.

5 hours ago, Jaric256 said:

It was also super fun in a four way skirmish to let the other two opponents do all the work and then swoop in for the kill steal.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...