Saved Squads Organization

By HisEpicness, in X-Wing Squad Builder

Dear FFG,

I'm a big fan of list building and have created a lot of lists. That being said, I hate that there's no option of organizing my lists on the squad builder.

In my opinion, at the very least, you should be able to filter your squads by faction. It might also be nice to filter out lists by ship, meaning we only see our lists with a specific ship in them. Beyond that I would absolutely love it if we were able to create custom folders/tabs/tags to put our lists in so we're able to organize them how we want and not have to scroll through a giant list to find the squad i'm looking for.

Bottom line is: the saved squads is a disorganized mess, especially when you have 50+ lists like me, and I would very much appreciate it if there was some sort of organizational feature added.

Thanks

As long as I'm lodging complaints about the official web-based squad-builder I'd like to agree with this. Filtering lists by faction would be good. I'd suggest being able to also filter by format but the squad-builder decided to drop all the hyperspace lists I had. I guess that counts as a filter? 🤦‍♂️

Filters for saved lists is also something I would find useful since you can only scroll through your lists and can only order that list alphabetically and then as noted above there isn't a lot of information there unless I put it in the name of the list. And of course if the builder had some sort of way to have a Revision 0, Revision 1, Revision 2, and so on of a list perhaps with notes I could reduce the number of lists in the scroll that way. Or both of those ways.

5 hours ago, Frimmel said:

And of course if the builder had some sort of way to have a Revision 0, Revision 1, Revision 2, and so on of a list perhaps with notes I could reduce the number of lists in the scroll that way. Or both of those ways.

I completely agree. I have lots of lists where i play them then after i make revisions, both large and small. They just take up so much space having 2-4 versions of some lists

I used to have a whole bunch of lists stored in Squad Builder, but for quite a while now I've been saving them as .pdfs and storing them in that format, so that the only lists that are ever in the app are those that I'm actively playing. Mind you, this requires you to use the Squad Builder on a desktop, laptop, or tablet as well as on a mobile device. While I agree it would be nice to filter squads, I've found that minimizing the clutter is just better. If you don't know how to do that...

Go to "Share" and click on the .pdf button. It'll export a QR-coded list to your computer downloads folder that you can then open with Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader.

I also find that it helps to use "release coding", i.e. Squad Builder version 1.1.1 (with the most recent updates) can be reflected in lists. Currently, for example, I've got lists coded v1.1, v2.5, etc.

Forgive me if you already know how to do this...just trying to give you some tools to declutter.

Edited by feltipern1

Yes only having a couple of lists would make it easier to find lists. I make pdfs of lists with some regularity as there isn't any internet access in the FLGS. But then I have a clutter of pdfs. I also make lists on more than one device.

This is a feature that we shouldn't be having a conversation about it not even being in the app or web-based squad-builder. The thing should have been designed from keystroke one with this feature in mind. Managing saved lists seems a pretty likely need for such a thing.

I agree with faction filters but I think a lot of players would be initially content with lists that don't disappear without warning and subsequent apology.

It'd also be cool to have the saved squad list be longer on page, or scale the length with the page, as well as making the scroll bars thicker in general. it'd make it easier to navigate in general