State of the Game?

By player630063, in Elder Sign

Does anyone know if there are plans currently for a new expansion? I know the Daniella Card was released at Arkham Nights, but we haven’t had word on a new expansion since Omens of the Pharaohs was released last feb.

The game is complete. No new expansions.

On 1/20/2020 at 7:53 PM, ArcadianDelSol said:

The game is complete. No new expansions.

Has it been officially stated? They already surprised us once in the past.
For comparison, it has been officially confirmed that Eldritch Horror is done for.

Yes, it was officially stated by former CEO Andrew Navaro (while he was still in charge obviously), during the Ask Me Anything session he had a few months ago. He clearly stated that no further expansions will ever be produced for this line.

Ah, it's a shame. They could still milk it, there's no replacement for this line.

11 hours ago, tsuma534 said:

Ah, it's a shame. They could still milk it, there's no replacement for this line.

I think the idea was that Final Hour would replace Elder Sign as the 'light' entry in the Arkham Files line. Unfortunately, that game is pretty terrible (IMHO, of course).

Edited by KBlumhardt
16 hours ago, KBlumhardt said:
On 2/4/2020 at 9:00 AM, tsuma534 said:

I think the idea was that Final Hour would replace Elder Sign as the 'light' entry in the Arkham Files line. Unfortunately, that game is pretty terrible (IMHO, of course).

Even if Final Hour would be good, "light" isn't a genre.
I'm one of these people who would argue that AH3ed is so different form AH2ed that it should be marketed as a new game rather than new edition.
Still, they share a fair number of similarities among their mechanics. Just like Arkham Horror and Eldritch Horror. It's reasonable to consider any of these three games an alternative for another.

But Final Hour gameplay is so removed from Elder Sign that it's preposterous to consider it a replacement.
Yet, I'm pretty certain you're right and that's what happened.