Recosted figures tournament #1

By Ram, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

Unfortunatley my laptop decided to die on me, so bands and scores will be from memory, reservations for errors…

Our tournament had the re-cost rules from this thread . We had 6 players and we decided that we should all play each other. I played SC as a reference band (no one else was allowed (or wanted) to).

I went 3-2. All games except one was very very tight.

First game was against a Dual ATST, Palp, 1 eOfficer, 2 rOfficer, Probe droid band. I played this one well, getting an early lead by Force user killing one of the ATSTs and then sacrificing Sabine to clean up the officers that was clumped together. Probe driod was killed by Zeb and then it was just a matter of staying clear of the slow ATST and the slower Emperor. I actually killed Palp with the last shot, won 40-22 or something like that.
1-0

Second game was Boba, Bossk, Onar, Shyla, Dengar, Vinto, Greedo and Hunter cards. This one was tight! I didn’t think his band looked all that scarry, but Shyla and Bossk teamed up pretty nicely and killed Sabine with a sneaky move + pull + attacks. Greedo and Vinto did a good job on the force users that I got baited into going after an exposed Boba. Boba ran away at 2 HP after being double force spanked and he runs pretty darn fast. Dengar was pretty annoying in this one, more or less cutting Zebs damage in half for the entire game. Having the extra numbers in Dengar and Vinto was big in this game. Apart from taking the bait on Boba and failing to kill him, I think I played well. Game ended with a loss something like 30-28 at time.
1-1

Third game was against a heavily updated Fall of Cybertron list with Sorin, eSentries x2, BT, 2x eProbe droid and an rOfficer. This was the best game of the tournament for me. The raw firepower of this team was huge and I had a very bad feeling going in. I decided early on that I had to sacrifice a specter to take out the general so I baited heavily with Kanan to draw the sentries away from him. I got hit quite a bit, but Sorin was exposed to an late round Ezra deep strike and I managed to take him down even though it cost me Ezra in the process. I had a tough time getting at the sentries though and BT got one of those close-to-max shots off so Kanan bit the dust. Sabine and chopper took out BT though. However, the sentries were still basically untouched. Zeb mauled the probes on objectives so I managed to force the sentries to come to me. End of game was Zeb at 2 HP, Sabine at 1 and one of his sentries groups at full health, but I managed to sneak above 40 before he could kill me. Win 40-34 I think.
2-1

Fourth game was against Chewie, Hero Luke, Fenn Signis, Leia, Ko-Tun and Jyn. Some power smuggler cards and leader cards to top it off. I really had an uphill battle here. Chewie is a beast and with that powerful backup he can afford to be played offensively. A first round dodge from big furry didn’t help and a second round two as well hurt. SC kept up fairly well with that beast but I ended up loosing 40+ to somewhere below 30 with a couple of his pieces very near death. Farmboy Luke really is quite a good piece.
2-2

Final game was against the winner of the tournament with a sort of smugglers box with eRebel troopers (!), Chewie, Fenn, C3PO, MDH19, Lando and Gideon. I was really tired during this game and did not play well at all. I managed to both eat a Grenadier on three pieces and get Zeb caught in a corridor where he was shot to pieces by the Troopers. I got a couple of really good rolls from the force users that really saved my bacon here. I managed to drop Chewie quick enough to not be a huge problem and my force users also got Fenn. With them gone he didn’t manage to get me down even though he outplayed me. Won 40-36, his only loss in the tournament.
3-2

Final reflection: The bands in general were not super well built. A lot of people admitted to just wanting to try out some of the figures with updated costs. Activation count in general were a bit low and command decks really were not optimized either. But man oh man did we have fun! The meta was totally shaken up and the game felt totally new because of all the seldom to never used abilities that came into play. Dengar was really useful and a pain to play against. Fenn was a beast as was Chewie. Hero Luke has always been good but in this context it was clear that he is a really good piece even if he will never be a centerpiece. And this was a pretty small subset of pieces with cost reduced. TBH, I think this format will be our go-to format for all non-official tournaments from this point on, we all loved it!

We will run one more tournament with these costs and then see if there are any pieces that might need re-re-cost:ing. Chewie and Fenn were popular and performed well in this one, but some of our attendees have a pretty limited collection and said their choices was more based on that and even though they were good they never felt broken. For the next time, me and another of the more collecting players will make sure that more people have what they need. We aim to get the second one in this Sunday and then I will not play SC (but another player will as we consider SC power reference), stay tuned for more.

Which maps were played?

Elite smuggler for 2 is a steal on some objective based maps

3 hours ago, buckero0 said:

Which maps were played?

Elite smuggler for 2 is a steal on some objective based maps

It was actually totally different for each game. We brought all the maps that we had of the printed maps. I played on ISB, Training ground, Coruscant, Jabba and then ISB again I think. But as you see from our band construction, we had very little focus on objectives in this tournament. :)

For our sunday tournament we all agreed on building more competative bands and also (probably) play on the tournament legal maps.

Thanks for the follow up and evaluation! Any chance you have the costs in an excel ark or list?

Absolutley. It is pretty much the list in the thread I linked to in the original post, but I can sum it up after the weekend tournament as well. Basically we banned all the fix cards and chose not to update costs for the regular versions of cards.