Older Adventure Pack cycles gone forever?

By Elricwulfgar, in Player community

I just started getting into the game and see that the Adventure Pack: Hunt for Gollum, and others of the first cycle, are nowhere to be found other than 3x the list price on eBay. This has made a non-collectible card game suddenly become a collectible card game, which is discouraging.

Will the older cycles ever be reprinted? I can't buy a Nightmare deck without the original Adventure Pack...

Don’t be discouraged, but it may take some time. The shadows of Mirkwood cycle is supposed to be reprinted this year. Much of the other content was recently reprinted. You can still get your hands on a good chunk of the content. If you have an FLGS, don’t dismiss the opportunity of special ordering items. Earlier this year I did receive a hint for Gollum from them at MSRP. If your FLGS can’t special order something try legendesque games.

FFG used to regularly reprint all the older cycles. Their schedule slowed down significantly over the past two years, but they recently ran a giant reprint. I really wouldn't worry about availability! Even if reprints continue at this slower pace, there are other sources of finding old packs.

The Mirkwood cycle is shipping now. Already in stock at Miniature Market. I expect others won't be far behind.

Looks like they got a nice stock of the Mirkwood Cycle in.

I'm only missing one adventure pack now, and it's from the Dream-Chaser Cycle. Unfortunately, I notice that's not listed as "awaiting reprint". I'm still hopeful they will reprint it at some time.

Also, I notice they've moved Journeys in Middle-earth to On the Boat!

I might be selling off my entire collection. I reached the quest, Journey to the Cross-roads, and I literally lost it. My temper went out of control, and I need to sell this game off to prevent any mental illness. I have literally almost everything except for the nightmare decks and one standalone scenario (murder at prancing pony).

I'm wondering how to sell this though...probably not in one gigantic lot. My guess is probably one cycle at time? Like the deluxe expansion box plus the 6 adventure packs? And do this for each cycle?

There have been one two people in the past that bought entire collections, but you’ll find more buyers by just selling each cycle by themselves, like you mentioned. Or even selling them pack-by-pack! Hope that helps.

I would suggest you go to the page of whatever APs you're looking for on BoardGameGeek.com and look not only at "for sale" lists, but "for trade" lists. Then message people who have it up for trade, asking if they'll sell it outright. This has worked for me nearly every time. Good luck!

On 4/10/2019 at 9:09 PM, gpd924 said:

I might be selling off my entire collection.  I reached the quest, Journey to the Cross-roads, and I literally lost it. My temper went out of control, and I need to sell this game off to prevent any mental illness. I have literally almost everything except for the nightmare decks and one standalone scenario (murder at prancing pony).

I'm wondering how to sell this though...probably not in one gigantic lot. My guess is probably one cycle at time? Like the deluxe expansion box plus the 6 adventure packs? And do this for each cycle?

If you didn't sell it, but are still interested, please contact me!