Question about the Top 3 quests.

By caribecards, in Rules questions & answers

Hi guys,

I just found a topic about a favorite quests tournament (December 2018) where some of you participated and I would really like to play the top 3:

-The Battle of the Pelennor Fields

-Helm’s Deep

-Journey in the Dark

I have completed the core set and the Shadows of Mirkwood cycle, I don't know if with this experience is enough to try the top 3 or if I should play a couple of quests before (which one?) in order to play the top 3.

Note/Example: I checked The Balrog card (Journey in the Dark) and it is very powerful!, I have not seen any like that before, jajajaja, but I would like to try.

I hope you guys can help me.

Thanks

These quest comes in expansion with very powerful cards. However I would recommend to have few packs from cycle 2 and 3 to expand your card pool before facing those top 3 quests which are extremely fun but quite difficult.

Those quests are the favorites for their grandiose scale, depth of strategy, and link to the theme of the source material; not because they provide a well-rounded experience for relatively newer players. They're still amazing quests, don't get me wrong! I don't want to discourage you from tying them out, of course, but be prepared for some serious difficulty and weight.

Also keep in mind that the people that would vote on such a subject are the people that are most dedicated to the game. That would suggest veteran players who are much more familiar with deck-building, strategy, etc. I think if you polled newer players that have completed just Shadows of Mirkwood, you'd have very different results for favorite quests.

Again, don't let this discourage you from trying out those quests if you want to! This is just my view!

It should be possible to win with that card pool, but as others have mentioned here these quests fall more on the difficult side of the spectrum. Be prepared to do some serious deck optimization!

Thanks for your comments guys,

Indeed, I asked because those quests look great and very hard to complete at the same time, I will try Journey in the Dark once I get the expansion.

I think the key with this kind of quest is to be patient, trying to build an optimized deck and luck, at the end of the day it's a game and the luck also plays.

Regards,

Easy mode is also a thing, particularly with limited card pools. I've played two of these quests in "easy", and they still feel epic for sure.