By GroggyGolem, in Shadow of the Beanstalk

I'm in need of some clarification on the Nimble talent. As written it reads,

"At the start of your character’s turn, you may spend one
Story Point to use this talent to allow your character to
perform a move maneuver as an incidental. (This does not
count against the limit of two maneuvers per turn.) If you
use this talent, your character can only perform one addi-
tional move maneuver during this turn."

I'm breaking it down sentence by sentence and what it seems to say is that I can still take my 2 maneuvers on my turn after this incidental but only one of those can be specifically a move maneuver. The other would have to be like a guarded stance, accessing an item, or the aim maneuver. Is that right?

I dunno, "can only perform one additional move maneuver" is vague at best, and seems to imply that you can take a move maneuver, then one additional move maneuver. But I think you have the spirit of the rule right, it's just the wording throws it into doubt in my mind.

We can ask this on our Q&A episode with Sam Stewart if you like?

I think your interpretation is correct. The "move" incidental and one other move maneuver will let you close the distance but the 2nd maneuver you take in the round cannot be a Move maneuver.

14 hours ago, GM Hooly said:

We can ask this on our Q&A episode with Sam Stewart if you like?

That would be fantastic!

From the sound of it, it means that you use the Incidental to do a Move Manuever. You still have your one free Manuever and can buy another Manuever for the cost of 2 Strain. Out of those two, only one of them can be Move. The other one can be an Aim or drawing a weapon or anything else but it cannot be a third Move Manuever.

It doesn't seem to be vague to me. You gain an additional move maneuver without sacrificing your action if you spend a story point. It doesn't indicate that you make exceed the maximum of 2 maneuvers that you may be take in a turn. Therefore in a turn, you may do no more than one of the following:

maneuver (any), maneuver (move), action

Maneuver (move), maneuver (move), action

2 hours ago, lyinggod said:

It doesn't seem to be vague to me. You gain an additional move maneuver without sacrificing your action if you spend a story point. It doesn't indicate that you make exceed the maximum of 2 maneuvers that you may be take in a turn. Therefore in a turn, you may do no more than one of the following:

maneuver (any), maneuver (move), action

Maneuver (move), maneuver (move), action

Using this ability, you can move once as an incidental. The incidental doesn’t count against your limit of two maneuvers, but the talent explicitly limits you to two Moves (one Incidental, one Manuever. Therefore on a turn you may:

Move (incidental), Move (maneuver), Any Manuever but Move (2 strain) , Action.

1 hour ago, Gamedog said:

Using this ability, you can move once as an incidental. The incidental doesn’t count against your limit of two maneuvers, but the talent explicitly limits you to two Moves (one Incidental, one Manuever. Therefore on a turn you may:

Move (incidental), Move (maneuver), Any Manuever but Move (2 strain) , Action.

That's how it looks to me as well, just wanted to see if I was off-base or not by asking you fine folks.