THE DICE POOL PODCAST - Shadow of the Beanstalk Q&A

By GM Hooly, in Shadow of the Beanstalk

In our next Episode of The Dice Pool Podcast, we will be interviewing the man himself, RPG Manager for FFG and Lead Developer, Sam Gregor-Stewart, about Android: Shadows of the Beanstalk.

So if you have any comments, queries, and/or questions (definitely ask those questions) about this AMAZING product, post them here or send us an email to [email protected]

Questions will be due by Sunday the 3rd March 2019. So get them in quick.

One of the news posts referenced some premade adventures being released with SotBS. When will these adventures be released, along with the premade Gencon characters?

The base book didn't have any mention of purely cosmetic cybernetics or g-mods. Any suggestion for the cost on something like that within SotBS?

A lot of the equipment packages for each career come to less than 1000 credits; is this intended and would it be appropriate to give additional funds to the short changed players?

Listed under the suggested talents for some of the careers it suggests the talents that grant a career skill and a small favor from a faction. The career skills granted are already known by the career it suggests them for. Would it be okay to substitute the career skill offered, or give more choices when choosing the base talent?

Why does the Android Vehicle Sheet have fields for total and available XP?

10 hours ago, Cantriped said:

Why does the Android Vehicle Sheet have fields for total and available XP?

Because they used the character sheet background for the vehicle sheet background and the XP fields are part of that background.

Edited by c__beck

Personally, I think FFG intended to include some kind of vehicle creation rules in SotB, but either ran out of time to develop them, or ran out of space to include them. It could mean we'll get a vehicle sourcebook in the distant future, or that they'll include vehicle creation in Twilight Imperium or another future setting book...

Regardless, I'm trying to give FFG the benefit of the doubt. As opposed to simply assuming laziness or incompetence is to blame. FFG must have had a clean version of the background at some point; otherwise the second and third pages of the Android Sheet would also have fields for Total and Available XP baked into the background as well, and they do not. The image quality of the various enclosed-fields (such as for total and available xp), indicates to me that they were seperate rastorized assets at some point. Finally, I find it hard to believe a professional graphic designer would be so foolish as to delete the master copy of any of their assets (I'm only an amateur graphic designer and even I know better). So there are few good reasons to assume those fields were included by mistake.