Conflict between canon sources

By Oni no Pikachu, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

I have found a conflict regarding Imperial Advisor post:

- In ''Emerald Empire: The Essential Guide to Rokugan'', page 51 it is said that it is an unofficial post, and that Bayushi Kachiko has been the first Imperial Advisor.

- It has been previewed Kakita Ryuko (Warriors of the Wind set, #13), who is described as a former Imperial Advisor in her flavor (" From the virtue of her writing, gossip about the former Imperial Advisor inevitably becomes reverent praise.")

To be noted that in old canon Kakita Ryuko was the writer of the famed novel " Winte r", and Imperial Advisor to Hantei XXXVIII, being replaced by Bayushi Kachiko. In new canon Kakita Ryuko is also the writer of the famed novel " Winte r", and the flavor seems to show her as a former Imperial Advisor in new canon as well.

I don't know if I slipped something when I make the above estatements, but I guess there is a conflict between both sources that only FFG may take care.

Edited by Oni no Pikachu

I have found another conflict regarding the name of the founder of the Asahina family :

- In "Legend of the Five Rings - Roleplaying", page 62 sidebar it is said that Isawa Asahina was the founder of the Asahina family. In fiction "Tempest and Tides", t he founder of the Asahina family is mentioned as the one involved in the battle known as ''Victory With No Strike''.

- In ''  Emerald Empire: The Essential Guide to Rokugan'', page 56 the battle known as ''Victory With No Strike'' was made by Isawa Tomokazu as a revenge for the Lion-Phoenix War.

To be noted that in old canon Isawa Asahina was the founder of the Asahina family after he surrendered in the battle known as ''Victory With No Strike''.

Again, there is a conflict between both sources that only FFG may take care. In the Fandom L5R Wiki I would overlook the name "Isawa Asahina", taken "Isawa Tomokazu" as his Phoenix name, which was changed to "Asahina" when he joined the Crane Clan.

Edited by Oni no Pikachu
3 hours ago, Oni no Pikachu said:

I have found another conflict regarding the name of the founder of the Asahina family :

- In "Legend of the Five Rings - Roleplaying", page 62 sidebar it is said that Isawa Asahina was the founder of the Asahina family. In fiction "Tempest and Tides", t he founder of the Asahina family is mentioned as the one involved in the battle known as ''Victory With No Strike''.

- In ''  Emerald Empire: The Essential Guide to Rokugan'', page 56 the battle known as ''Victory With No Strike'' was made by Isawa Tomokazu as a revenge for the Lion-Phoenix War.

To be noted that in old canon Isawa Asahina was the founder of the Asahina family after he surrendered in the battle known as ''Victory With No Strike''.

Again, there is a conflict between both sources that only FFG may take care. In the Fandom L5R Wiki I would overlook the name "Isawa Asahina", taken "Isawa Tomokazu" as his Phoenix name, which was changed to "Asahina" when he joined the Crane Clan.

It may be a conflict between an official position versus just a role that has been "casually" filled by others in the past.

On 3/2/2019 at 11:08 PM, Oni no Pikachu said:

I have found a conflict regarding Imperial Advisor post:

- In ''Emerald Empire: The Essential Guide to Rokugan'', page 51 it is said that it is an unofficial post, and that Bayushi Kachiko has been the first Imperial Advisor.

- It has been previewed Kakita Ryuko (Warriors of the Wind set, #13), who is described as a former Imperial Advisor in her flavor (" From the virtue of her writing, gossip about the former Imperial Advisor inevitably becomes reverent praise.")

To be noted that in old canon Kakita Ryuko was the writer of the famed novel " Winte r", and Imperial Advisor to Hantei XXXVIII, being replaced by Bayushi Kachiko. In new canon Kakita Ryuko is also the writer of the famed novel " Winte r", and the flavor seems to show her as a former Imperial Advisor in new canon as well.

I don't know if I slipped something when I make the above estatements, but I guess there is a conflict between both sources that only FFG may take care.

Honestly, I dislike the idea that the first time an "Imperial Advisor" exists is the twelth century, particularly if it's an informal postion. Or that there is just one Imperial Advisor. Just make them the Rokugani equivalent to the Dainagon or something.

Old 5R often had that problem with everything created either at the Dawn of the Empire or after the Clan War.

Also not a fan of L5R usual naming conventions so Isawa Tomokazu changing his name when joining the Crane is A-Ok with me altough it's probably just a continuity error.