Reach and adjacent blocked spaces

By topacesteve, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

Hello, if i have Reach i can attack the space next to the stormtrooper (2 blocks away) and i can also attack

the stormtrooper's space???

New Picture (1).bmp

You do not attack spaces, you attack hostile figures and objects that can be attacked.

Reach = within 2 spaces and in line of sight.

pic2616283.png

A figure on Luke's space can attack the Stormtrooper with Reach in the (5)/(6) example, because the figure has line of sight and the Stormtrooper is within 2 spaces.

If the Stormtrooper is there, you cannot attack a figure or object to the right of the Stormtrooper, because there is no line of sight.

If the Stormtrooper is not there, you could attack a figure or object on the space where the (5) marker is, because it is within 2 spaces, and you would then have line of sight.

Edited by a1bert

So when calculating Reach from a corner, i draw lines to the space i want to target as if i used a ranged weapon right? A friend of mine keeps Sabine hidden at the second space

from the corner of the black wall (hugging the wall) taking pot shots and so i prepare for her a nice Maul - Pummel - Reach from the corner surprise !!!! (with Deadly Precision from Channel the Force

and Element of surprise)

Yeah, melee attack with reach is analogous to a ranged attack with a fixed 2 accuracy that cannot be modified.