Best figure for cost for every cost

By Mandalore of the Rings, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

So I was thinking about how good Onar is for 6, but also Hondo is really good (maybe better?) and Thrawn is great for 6 too. I actually made a list with all three and even three in BT-1 for a thematic "good six point figs" list... But I thought I'd throw the idea out there: What are the best figures per cost for every cost. We could limit it to factions later, and I know some are better in certain contexts but here is the general idea:

0: JAX? I know he's not a figure but more to add to the list. I like his CC.

1:

2: Maybe rImp Officer? C3PO is pretty good but since he can't attack...

3: Gideon for sure. R2 and Chopper get honorable mention.

4: Greedo is a no brainer. Nothing (IMO) beats Greedo for 4 points!

5: Jyn?

6: Saska Teft for sure! (Just kidding, this is one of the hardest but I guess I'd pick Onar, with Hondo and Thrawn close behind).

7: Tough to beat the eWeequays here, but Ezra is a beast. Not as good without SC though. Also the eJets are pretty great.

8: Emperor probably. Ahsoka? Bossk? I also really like the eGammoreans though.

9: Drokkatta or AT-DP?

10: Han with RS. Rancor is fun too.

11: Chewie with WA.

12: IG-88 with FotK. Jedi Luke just gets nudged out here, but I still really like him.

13: Vader with DbH

After this I've never used much as the cost is too high.

Anyway, just a list to chat about for fun. What think you?

I think eJawa serves a mention as well. Last tourney, I tried to fit in something else (even making room for Hera) but the eJawa just felt better in every way. It can pack a punch, and you don't expect too much of it.

Oh yeah! I like eJawas too. Maybe they'd be the best for Mercs... Rebs just have so much. Totally forgot about Hera too. She is good for 4 but not Greedo good.

Again not Greedo good, but I still don't hate the hired guns for four either. I know that they've fallen out of favour a little bit with the new map rotations, but anywhere where you need to grab objectives they just can't be beat. Plus, pulling out a surprise tools for the job on a parting blow is a pretty great feeling.

2 hours ago, aermet69 said:

I think eJawa serves a mention as well. Last tourney, I tried to fit in something else (even making room for Hera) but the eJawa just felt better in every way. It can pack a punch, and you don't expect too much of it.

Not to mention that 5 health and their defensive ability is juuuust enough to keep it from getting killed by your opponent's weaker attackers, but if they waste a strong attack they run the risk of a dodge. It's hard to beat Gideon for the three-point title, but the jawa has got to be an easy second place.

Interesting thread. Following.

Does Indentured Jester / Salacious B. Crumb win the 1 point level by default?

I'd put C-3PO above the rOfficer at 2 points because you see him much more often these days, in both Rebel and Scum lists... and that's despite rOfficers being amazing for the Empire. Perhaps the faction split here would let them both win.

Here's my list:

1. Nobody.
  2. C3P0. Honorable mention: rOfficer and rSmuggler
  3. Gideon. No contest here. Honorable mention: R2 and eJawa
  4. Greedo. Honorable mention: Hera
  5. Vinto? Tress? Jyn?
  6. Thrawn. Honorable mention: Hondo, Onar
  7. Sabine. Honorable mention: Ezra (with the SC upgrade) and also eJets
  8. Palpatine. Honorable mention: eGamorreans. I think Ahsoka is underrated
  9. AT-DP. Honorable mention: Bantha
  10. Han (w fix card). No contest
  11. Chewie (w fix card)
  12. Iggy (w fix card). Honorable mention: JKL is a close second
  13. Vader (w fix card)

I'd probably put regular riot troopers at the top of my 5-pt slot

Edit: And they probably don't beat IG, but eRangers deserve an honourable mention @ 12

Edited by ManateeX
12 hours ago, ManateeX said:

I'd probably put regular riot troopers at the top of my 5-pt slot

Edit: And they probably don't beat IG, but eRangers deserve an honourable mention @ 12

I actually do prefer rangers to IG. Which says a lot about I feel about rangers because IG is awesome

Edited by Jaric256
14 hours ago, Bitterman said:

Does Indentured Jester / Salacious B. Crumb win the 1 point level by default?

Oh yeah. For some reason I thought he was 0. One huge hole in IA skirmish is the lack of 1pt figures... kidding. Maybe a squad of 3 or 4 Porgs for 1pt. They cannot attack but they can be eaten by allies to help the figure eating them to recover 2 health. So cute, but SO delicious.

14 hours ago, Bitterman said:

I'd put C-3PO above the rOfficer at 2 points

I agree. I actually don't play Imperials that much and thought I'd throw the rOfficer in. They are both great, especially for 2 measly points! rSmuggs can be good too. I wish there was some tricky way of making C3PO attack with a command card or something... Or an attachment that puts his head on a droid troopers body!

12 hours ago, thereisnotry said:

Vinto? Tress? Jyn?

Yeah, nothing really seems to jump out at 5pt cost.

Also, totally forgot about Sabine and the Rangers! Good value for cost there.

I don't think it makes super much meaning to say Thrawn is better at 6 point than Hondo or Onar. I mostly play Scum, so Thrawn is not even a consideration. It would make sense to look at no. 1-2 in each faction at each point value. Obviously there is 'some' crossover. Like C-3PO is worth putting on the scum list as well (not that they have other good 2 point options).

My list

0.jax

1.selacious

2.c-3p0

3.gideon (maybe e Jawa)

4.greedo

5.riot trooper

6.onar koma

7.sabine

8.rHK assasin droids

9.drok

10.Han

11.chewie

12.IG

13.Vader

14.AT-ST

15.RGC

16.General Weiss

17.none

18.vader

yes for me the auto-includes are as follows:

Imperial - Thrawn. 6 points for all he does is insanely good. Shoutout to regular officer as well. So cheap and effective.

Mercs - Greedo and Hondo. Both are incredibly annoying and dangerous for their cost.

Rebels - Gideon and Threepio. Again for cost versus utitlity, these guys are the best 5pts you can spend in the game.

Edited by NeverBetTheFett

So I wonder how a hypothetical (breaks all the rules) team of

Han w/ fix (10)

Thrawn (6)

Greedo (4)

Hondo (6)

Gideon (3)

3po (2)

eJawa (3)

Onar (6)

would fare against SC? Hunter, smuggler and leader cards. Focus and power tokens! I know it breaks all the rules... just a silly idea.

17 minutes ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

So I wonder how a hypothetical (breaks all the rules) team of

Han w/ fix (10)

Thrawn (6)

Greedo (4)

Hondo (6)

Gideon (3)

3po (2)

eJawa (3)

Onar (6)

would fare against SC? Hunter, smuggler and leader cards. Focus and power tokens! I know it breaks all the rules... just a silly idea.

I used to think that as an Imperial player, you could use TempAlly to get the Merc TempAlly and thus use Rebel cards. This honestly isn't too far from reality. The only problem is Thrawn. eJawa could bring 3po, TempAlly could bring Han and Gideon. Then you could use Vinto or another 5 cost Merc card (I really like Vinto).

Yeah, but another problem (and a big one) is that Han couldn't use his fix. So I guess only breaks two rules... Thrawn and Han's Rogue Smuggler...

1 minute ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

Yeah, but another problem (and a big one) is that Han couldn't use his fix. So I guess only breaks two rules... Thrawn and Han's Rogue Smuggler...

True, I totally forgot about that.

I do like Vinto though but he often gets knocked off before doing much when I use him...

If they did a Cassian Andor figure he could "reprogram" droids from any faction to be Rebel, sorta like he did with K2SO. I guess he'd have some great sniper ability too and obviously be a "spy".

8 hours ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

I do like Vinto though but he often gets knocked off before doing much when I use him...

I have a similar problem with Vinto. He seems great on paper, but I don't always find that he pays off. Still for 5 points, he offers a great amount of flexibility. Also, with a well timed dodge or On the Lam, he can break hearts.

20 minutes ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

I have a similar problem with Vinto. He seems great on paper, but I don't always find that he pays off. Still for 5 points, he offers a great amount of flexibility. Also, with a well timed dodge or On the Lam, he can break hearts.

Doesn’t Vinto suffer from the same issue as eJets - not doing enough damage against meta figures?

3 hours ago, Doowa said:

Doesn’t Vinto suffer from the same issue as eJets - not doing enough damage against meta figures?

Exactly. Often his attacks are complete fails. However, if you happen to have a bunch of hunter cards in your hand and his cc card, you could put the hurt on and put 3 auto damage on a nearby figure.

3 hours ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

Exactly. Often his attacks are complete fails. However, if you happen to have a bunch of hunter cards in your hand and his cc card, you could put the hurt on and put 3 auto damage on a nearby figure.

or if you have him in an imperial list, you can put even more auto damage through with emperor and eofficers ordering him to shoot. I had a fun auto damage combo in one of my games: emperor temp, then force lightning, then emperor vinto to attack another figure and boltslinger into the target.

5 hours ago, Cyklop_Storm said:

or if you have him in an imperial list, you can put even more auto damage through with emperor and eofficers ordering him to shoot. I had a fun auto damage combo in one of my games: emperor temp, then force lightning, then emperor vinto to attack another figure and boltslinger into the target.

unfortunately, the Boltslinger ability only works during Vinto's activation. If you have an eOfficer or Palp (or Jabba/Leia in scum) order Vinto to shoot, he can't boltsling.

Edited by Fightwookies