Luke as a Mercenary

By Cyklop_Storm, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

How does this list work? Luke teaming up with Bt-1 and Hondo to get a lot of good damage in. Lots of support, with a good bit of interesting plays that can be made with it.

Mercenaries - Luke's Friends.png

I'd probably bring Onar over BT. I like the concept of BT, but I do not care for his surges and missile salvo rarely works out as well as I want it to.

Onar: 😍

Try IG+Fix and JLuke in the same list. Also bring R2 and black market because you want to draw Son of Skywalker and Blaze orange f Glory as soon as possible.

3 hours ago, Jaric256 said:

I'd probably bring Onar over BT. I like the concept of BT, but I do not care for his surges and missile salvo rarely works out as well as I want it to.

Onar: 😍

But Missile Salvo is so good. You don't always have to do 3 attacks. I often only do two, one against a weak opponent and then use the other for a bigger threat. Since each attack is focused, the big attack is 3 dice and the small is still 2.

But yeah, Onar = 😍

2 hours ago, GuillotineTE said:

But Missile Salvo is so good. You don't always have to do 3 attacks. I often only do two

Well, you have to perform 3 if you can... you just don't always get to perform all 3 because they need to have different targets.

(Edit: yeah, and see below, each attack is still only two dice. You can't combine two attacks into one even when you cannot find a third target.)

Edited by a1bert

Yeah, I thought you only got one dice (plus the focus) with each Missile Salvo attack. I don't see how you could get three dice for that.

Yeah, I read one of you guys wrote about a "three amigos" list which I quite liked. It was Jedi Luke, Iggy and Onar plus the usual stuff. Pretty fun. But Hondo is great too!

8 hours ago, Trevize84 said:

Try IG+Fix and JLuke in the same list. Also bring R2 and black market because you want to draw Son of Skywalker and Blaze orange f Glory as soon as possible.

I believe this is 2/3rds of the "three amigos" list which includes Onar as well.

I haven't tried it myself but it sounds fun as heck

8 hours ago, GuillotineTE said:

But Missile Salvo is so good. You don't always have to do 3 attacks. I often only do two, one against a weak opponent and then use the other for a bigger threat. Since each attack is focused, the big attack is 3 dice and the small is still 2.

But yeah, Onar = 😍

Others have mentioned it, but FYI, you don't get to add the unused attack die to one of the attacks if you don't use it.

That would make missile salvo more fun though.

10 hours ago, a1bert said:

Well, you have to perform 3 if you can... you just don't always get to perform all 3 because they need to have different targets.

(Edit: yeah, and see below, each attack is still only two dice. You can't combine two attacks into one even when you cannot find a third target.)

I guess I’ve been reading the β€œor” between dice colors in missile salvo as an β€œand”. Oops.

It probably would be a little op if it was an and instead of an or to be honest.

13 hours ago, Trevize84 said:

I played ig and jkl in a list once, and I'm figuring out if this could be better. I feel like strength bt and hondo could be a lot better than regular ig. BT is nice as he isn't a focus hog, and has potentially more suitability vs non pierce heavy lists. Onar is meant to hit like a truck, but BT can potentially put out more damage, especially from a range, while being able to ping that last damage off of an enemy without wasting an attack.

12 hours ago, Cyklop_Storm said:

BT is nice as he isn't a focus hog, and has potentially more suitability vs non pierce heavy lists. Onar is meant to hit like a truck, but BT can potentially put out more damage

I disagree. BT is useless in current meta where almost every figure has at least pierce 2 that instead is completely useless against Onar. Also BT can't put that much more damage than Onar because his surges are awful. If you consider 5-7 damage BT has a 11-13% more chances against a black die (and in case you fight an Imperial player, Zillo will sensibly lower your damage and BTW Onar can be focused and BT can't). Also Onar has much better defensive abilities that help a lot and can create nice synergies (like Nexu with Cunning although they're out of meta) and Rush that is one of the few abilities that can control opponent's position. On the other end, Missile Salvo is awesome on the paper and absolutely useless on the board 90% of the cases. Onar's CC is far better than BT's one and likely one of the best "personal" CC after SoS and BoG. It allows an unexpected attack that can potentially be a match-changer. Last but not least you can't stun/weaken Onar...

Edited by Trevize84

BT would be great against a bunch of clumped up Stormtroopers. Especially if you had heavy fire.

On 3/1/2019 at 10:58 PM, Jaric256 said:

BT would be great against a bunch of clumped up Stormtroopers. Especially if you had heavy fire.

you're right, but I haven't seen a stormtrooper in over 2 years

#Still missing Bespin

How would BT with heavy fire do in general? When you use missile salvo, you can just have him be a ping machine. Not an efficient use of points, but an interesting concept

58 minutes ago, Cyklop_Storm said:

How would BT with heavy fire do in general? When you use missile salvo, you can just have him be a ping machine. Not an efficient use of points, but an interesting concept

One of these days I'm going to try something like this in an AT-DP list.

I've run an at-dp, bt, palp, jets list that used heavy fire. It was decently effective. Bt likes heavy fire, especially with motivation on palp.

Three amigos list works well with the rise of Specter, less maps which require objectives to be carried around, and as a result less 8-9 activation lists.

JKL

IG w fix

Onar

Elite Jawa

R2

C-3P0

Temp Alliance

Black Market

Edited by Cryptiks
On 3/9/2019 at 9:33 PM, Cryptiks said:

Three amigos list works well with the rise of Specter, less maps which require objectives to be carried around, and as a result less 8-9 activation lists.

JKL

IG w fix

Onar

Elite Jawa

R2

C-3P0

Temp Alliance

Black Market

It took me too long to figure out that JKL was Jedi Knight Luke. The list does seem pretty viable, though.

What squad builder did you use to generate that graphic?