Best Storage Solution?

By mmotomb, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hello Guys,

I just received my Descent: Journey in the Dark box and this game is really HUGE. I just realized that I made a mistake by not buying some boxes to store all the chits, cards and other stuff inside. I was searching for the best storage solution for Descent (I found Plano pro 7771 tackle box, or simply buy a random number of single tackle boxes?). But I thought I'd ask you guys you might have better ideas!

Definately some Plano boxes. Until I took the time to create a bunch of custom stuff, I would stack the tiles with the same size and rubber band them. I bought a bunch of scrapbooking baggies at Walmart and bagged the same "stuff" together (i.e. one bag to hold all the Mud, one bag for the Pits, one bag for the Lava, etc). I would baggie the minis too.

But now, I've used all the expansion boxes to store the minis (with egg foam), I created a custom storage thingy for the tiles out of foamboard and glue, and I use two plano boxes for the other bits. Check out www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/515546/descent-organization-wart-no-sob-yet for details, including a bunch of pics.

-shnar

The Plano Boxes I use for all of mine are I think the Plano 3600. The adjustable spaces are just right for all of Descent's pieces, but I think I got the idea from someone else on this forum so they may be able to tell you if that is the right one or not (I'm not at home so I can't tell for sure).

Is there a Plano box that will work for the different map tiles? The ones I have seen only allow for segmenting Rows, not Rows and Columns(To create a 'T' shape for the intersections, ect.).

Thanks all for sharing your ideas!

Shnar your guide looks great but what about the cards, isnt' there a better way to store them than wrapping them with elastic ribbons?

Anyone else wants to share their storage system? :)

I did pick up a card box for the cards (the kind you see Magic or baseball cards in), but it turns out it's too big to fit with my custom storage solution. So, maybe next expansion will hold all the cards.

One thing I'm trying to do is to get everything to fit comfortably into just the original boxes, no special "extra" boxes to carry.

-shnar

If you are trying to use original boxes, might I suggest that you just use some more of that foam to line a box, and just make slots for the cards to sit in. Like, say all the campaign cards together, all the hero cards together....etc etc. it might help :)

I was actually thinking of printing tuckboxes. Did that for Arkham Horror and worked out pretty well.

-shnar

shnar said:

One thing I'm trying to do is to get everything to fit comfortably into just the original boxes, no special "extra" boxes to carry.

-shnar

That is why I suggested you make the foam inserts into one of the expansion boxes....so you don't have to fuss around with extra stuff. lengua.gif