Dragonstar Genesys

By gilbur, in Your Settings

I have been working on doing a conversion for Dragonstar for Genesys and do have some stuff written up but I want to look them over and see if I can modify them and getting rid of the Specializations as I have been working with classes and like our 4 main skill and player picks the other 4 where other classes stay at four for multi-classing for the characters.

If you will allow me to also share some of my own Dragonstar conversion I've been doing, I will post some of my versions of the Races of Dragonstar.

To make sure the setting and the PCs feel heroic, and balanced (Half-Dragons were a bit tricky to write up), I gave all the races a bit more starting XP. This may reflect the benefits of education when high technology is available.

Edited by Dragonspawn

RACES:

Human - Average Brawn 2 / Agility 2 / Intel 2 / Cunning 2 / Will 2 / Pres 2

Starting XP: 120 Strain 10 / Wounds 10

Starting Skills: An average human starts with one rank in each of two different non-career skills at character creation. They obtain this rank before spending experience points, and these skills may not be increased higher than rank 2 during character creation.

Ready for Anything: Once per session as an out-of-turn incidental, you may move one Story Point from the Game Master’s pool to the players’ pool.

Human - Intellectual Brawn 2 / Agility 1 / Intel 3 / Cunning 2 / Will 2 / Pres 2

Starting XP: 110 Strain 12 / Wounds 8

Starting Skills: An intellectual starts with one rank in Knowledge during character creation.

They obtain this rank before spending experience points, and may not increase Knowledge above rank 2 during character creation.

Brilliant!: Once per session, your character may spend a Story Point as an incidental. If they do so, during the next check they make during that turn, you count their ranks in the skill being used as equal to their Intellect.

Human - Laborer Brawn 3 / Agility 2 / Intel 2 / Cunning 2 / Will 1 / Pres 2

Starting XP: 110 Strain 8 / Wounds 12

Starting Skills: A laborer starts with one rank in Athletics during character creation. They obtain

this rank before spending experience points, and may not increase Athletics above rank 2 during character creation.

Tough as Nails: Once per session, your character may spend a Story Point as an out-of-turn incidental immediately after suffering a Critical Injury and determining the result. If they do so, they count the result rolled as “01.”

Human - Socialite Brawn 1 / Agility 2 / Intel 2 / Cunning 2 / Will 2 / Pres 3

Starting XP: 110 Strain 10 / Wounds 10

Starting Skills: An aristocrat starts with one rank in Cool during character creation. They obtain this rank before spending experience points, and may not increase Cool above rank 2 during character creation.

Forceful Personality: Once per session, your character may spend a Story Point as an incidental. If they do so, during the next skill check they make during that turn, your character doubles the strain they inflict or the strain they heal (you choose before making the check).

Half-Eldari (half-elf) Brawn X / Agility X / Intel X / Cunning X / Will X / Pres X

Starting XP: -5 Strain XX / Wounds XX

Special: Choose one of the 4 Human templates above and gain all it has, but with 5 less XP.

Friends with Everyone: Half-eldari are charming and outgoing. Add a to all Charm and Negotiation checks.

Dwarf Brawn 2 / Agility 1 / Intel 2 / Cunning 2 / Will 3 / Pres 2

Starting XP: 100 Strain 10 / Wounds 11

Resilient : An dwarf starts with one rank in Resilience during character creation. They obtain this rank before spending experience points, and may not increase Resilience above rank 2 during character creation.

Tough as Nails: Once per session, your character may spend a Story Point as an out-of-turn incidental immediately after suffering a Critical Injury and determining the result. If they do so, they count the result rolled as “01.”
Dark vision: Dwarves have excellent night vision. When making skill checks, they remove up to  i mposed due to darkness.

Eldari (Elf) Brawn 2 / Agility 3 / Intel 2 / Cunning 2 / Will 1 / Pres 2

Starting XP: 100 Strain 11 / Wounds 10

Always Aware : An Eldari starts with one rank in Perception during character creation. They obtain this rank before spending experience points, and may not increase Perception above rank 2 during character creation.

One with Nature : An Eldari starts with one rank in Primal during character creation. They obtain this rank before spending experience points, and may not increase Primal above rank 2 during character creation.
Nimble : Eldari have a melee and ranged Defense of 1

Drow (Elf) Brawn 2 / Agility 3 / Intel 2 / Cunning 2 / Will 1 / Pres 2

Starting XP: 100 Strain 11 / Wounds 10

Always Aware : A Drow starts with one rank in Perception during character creation. They obtain this rank before spending experience points, and may not increase Perception above rank 2 during character creation.

Magic Resistant : Drow are more resistant to the effects of magic in all it’s forms. Upgrade the difficulty of any spell targeting a Drow once .
Dark vision: Drow have excellent night vision. When making skill checks, they remove up to  i mposed due to darkness.

Gnome Brawn 1 / Agility 2 / Intel 2 / Cunning 3 / Will 1 / Pres 3

Starting XP: 100 Strain 11 / Wounds 6

Small : Gnomes a short in stature and are Silhouette 0 .

One with Technology : A Gnome starts with one rank in Mechanics and 1 Science type Knowledge skill during character creation. They obtain this rank before spending experience points, and may not increase any of these skills above rank 2 during character creation.

T ricksy: Once per encounter during their turn, a Gnome may use this ability and spend a Story Point to produce a previously undocumented small item (encumbrance 1 or less) with a rarity no greater than 4 from a pocket, bag, pouch, nearby windowsill, passing cart, or other convenient location—even if there is no logical explanation for the item’s presence. This item cannot be a weapon unless the weapon has the Limited Ammo 1 quality.

Halfling Brawn 2 / Agility 1 / Intel 2 / Cunning 2 / Will 3 / Pres 2

Starting XP: 100 Strain 10 / Wounds 11

Small : Gnomes a short in stature and are Silhouette 0 .

I am a Leaf on the Wind : A Halfling starts with one rank in Astrogation and 1 Piloting skill (either Planetary or Space) during character creation. They obtain this rank before spending experience points, and may not increase any of these skills above rank 2 during character creation.

Lucky : Once per session during their turn, a Halfling may use this ability and spend a Story Point to re-roll any one skill check.

Orc Brawn 3 / Agility 2 / Intel 2 / Cunning 2 / Will 2 / Pres 1

Starting XP: 1 10 Strain 8 / Wounds 12

Special Abilities: Orcs begin with one rank in Coercion. You still cannot train their Coercion above rank 2 during character creation.

Battle Rage: When making a melee attack, an orc can choose to add 󲊸 to the check to add +2 to the damage dealt by one hit of that attack.

Half-Dragon Brawn 3 / Agility 1 / Intel 2 / Cunning 2 / Will 2 / Pres 2

Starting XP: 9 0 Strain 9 / Wounds 12

I nspired by the Dragon hybrids from the Realms of Terrinoth setting book (p.151)

Draconic Heritage : Choose one dra c on ic bloodline: Black, Blue, Brass, Bronze, Copper, Gold, Green, Red, Silver, or White. This will determine some aspect of the abilities described below.

• S caly hide: +2 to Soak.

• Claws: Damage (Brawn+1) / Range: Engaged / Skill: Brawl / Critical 3

• Elemental resistance: Reduce damage from one of the 4 elements associated with your bloodline, no matter the source, by three (-3).

• Breath Weapon: Base damage (Resilience + Willpower) / Range: Short / Skill: Ranged /

Prepare 1 / Slow Firing 2 / Linked characteristic: Willpower

Add 1 of the following qualit ies to the Breath Weapon for free, as per the dra c on ic bloodline:

Fire : Burn X Brass, Gold or Red

Ice: Ensnare X Silver or White

Lightning: Stun X + Auto-Fire (+ required) Blue or Bronze

Acid If it deals damage, target must make a  Resilience check or else

suffer X Strain and Wounds. Black, Copper or Green

D raconic Talents: all of them require one to be a Half-Dragon of course.

Deadly Talons : Tier 2 / Passive / Ranked: No / Your claws now have the Vicious 1 quality.

Deadly Talons, Improved : Tier 4 / Passive / Ranked: No / Your claws now have the Vicious 2 quality.

Enhanced Breath Weapon: Tier 2 / Passive / Ranked: Yes / When you select this talent chose one of the following qualities: Blast, Deadly, Impact or Range. You may now apply this quality to your breath weapon attack, but it costs 1 strain (per quality if applying more than one). These qualities work in the same way as the qualities for the Attack magical action in Genesys.

Destructive Breath Weapon: Tier 4 / Passive / Ranked: No / Your breath weapon now has Pierce X and Sunder qualities, and Prepare is now 2 and Strain 2 , when you use to apply this Talent to it.

Empowered Breath Weapon: Tier 4 / Passive / Ranked: No / Your breath weapon now does damage (Resilience + (Willpower x2)) , and Prepare is now 2 and Strain 2 , when you use to apply this Talent to it. If it has Blast, all within Short range are affected.

M aster of my Breath: Tier 5 / Passive / Ranked: No / Reduce Prepare by 1, and Strain by 3 (to a minimum of 1.

Sou l- Mech Brawn 3 / Agility 1 / Intel 1 / Cunning 1 / Will 1 / Pres 1

Starting XP: 1 90 Strain 8 / Wounds 1 1

*Soul-Mechs are identical to Bioroids from the Shadow of the Beanstalk setting.

Artificial: Soul-Mechs d o not need to eat, sleep, or breathe, and are unaffected by toxins and

poisons. They do not reduce their strain threshold when they receive cybernetics (cybernetics represent upgraded mechanical components instead of true cybernetics).

Inorganic : Since Soul-Mechs are inorganic, they do not gain the benefits of healing wounds with slap patches (painkillers) or a Medicine check. Soul-Mechs can heal wounds and strain naturally by resting, as their systems attempt self-repairs. Soul-Mechs can also be “healed” by using the Mechanics skill instead of the Medicine skill, but otherwise following the rules in the Medical Care section on page 116 of the Genesys Core Rulebook.

P ossible upgrades: more options are possible.

360 Vision Enhancement : Upgrade Vigilance once when making checks for initiative and to spot things passively. Cost: 1200cr.

Armor Enhancement : +1 Soak. Cost: 1000cr.

Dark Vision Enhancement : When making skill checks, they remove up to  i mposed due to darkness. Cost: 500cr.

Enhanced Hearing: +1 rank to Perception on audio based checks. Cost: 500cr.

Enhanced Reflexes: Enhanced reflexes increase your character’s ranks in Coordination and Vigilance by 1. Cost: 800cr.

Enhanced Vision: +1 rank to Perception on visual based checks. Cost: 500cr

Integrated Communicator: You are able to communicate with others who also have comms. Cost: 150cr.

Integrated Tools: Depending on the exact nature of the tools, you are considered to have ‘’the right tools for the job’’. Cost: tool cost + 300cr to install them in. An extra 2000cr to hide the tools when not in use (Daunting check to spot them casually, Hard check if actively looking).

Integrated Weapons: You have either a Melee (Light) or a Ranged (Light) weapon built into one arm. Cost: weapon cost + 500cr to i nstall it in. An extra 2000cr to hide the weapon when not in use (Daunting check to spot them casually, Hard check if actively looking).

Language Translator : Allows you to communicate in any language, as long as you have the proper language chip (100cr). Cost: 200cr.

Multiscanner: A useful sensory tool is built into your body (see p. 107 of the Starfarer’s Book). Cost: 3000cr

Recorder: This can record and store all that you see and hear, for up to 12 months. Cost: 2000cr.

Reinforced Construction: W henever you suffer a Critical Injury, you roll twice on the Critical Injury table , and choose which of the two results to use. Cost: 1000cr.

they look good, might try some stuff the next couple of weeks as the guy i usually help is on vacation in Norway which is why i have been on hiatus lately. i might try and throw stuff together since he is allowing me to use some of his stuff if i like it which magic system is combination between both of us.

I am going to work on the magic system I will be using and let others play with it first to see what they think. This was a joint venture and maybe even expand on the magic system myself to bring in Tattoos (Spellware) to the system thinking it will be based off Presence.

Here is the Start to the magic System:

MAGIC
Magic is a big part of the setting, but sometimes
there are greater forces at large, which impede the
Weave and renders areas completely devoid and cut
off from the Weave in dead magic zones, or corrupt it
into wild magic which change and alter the magic
invoked out of the controls of the one casting the
spell. Magic is a great boon to mortals, although
others believe it to be a curse; the truth of it is all in
the eyes of the beholder.
Magic in the setting is governed by
four primary skills, those being Arcana, Divine,
Primal and Verse. A fifth magic skill exists, though it
is technically not magic; Psionics falls under Magic
for its classification, but it doesn't count as being
traditional magic like Arcana, Divine, Primal and
Verse. A psionic character is also impeded by the
same restrictions as spellcasters, in terms of wearing
armor, using a shield, etc. However, the psionicist is
not hindered by not being unable to speak, as psionic
powers is not dependent on language (verbal spell
component).
A character must have at least one rank in a Magic
skill in order to tap into the Weave and utilize it to
form, shape and bring magic into the Prime
Material World. A character with no ranks in a
Magic skill simply lacks the basic knowledge of how
magic works and is unable to bring about even the
simplest of cantrips. Unlike other skills, a
character can only purchase skill ranks in
a Magic skill if it is a career skill.
All spellcasters, no matter what type of
magic they use, also need to have a
certain amount of knowledge concerning
magic and its possibilities. For this reason,
your character is going to benefit greatly
from having a couple of ranks in the
Knowledge skill if they want to be a
spellcaster.
For easy reference and not having to balance two
books, the various magic tables from the GENESYS
core rulebook have been included into this chapter.
And while Chapter Nine: Magic greatly expands on
the magic rules presented on page 210 through 219 in
the GENESYS core rulebook it is strongly
recommended that players and GMs alike familiarize
themselves with those rules prior to embarking upon
reading this chapter.
PENALTIES ON SPELLCASTING
CONDITION PENALTY
The character does not have at
least one free hand.
b
The character is gagged, silenced,
or otherwise unable to speak.
bb
The character is wielding a shield. b
The character is wearing Light
armor
b
The character is wearing Medium
armor.
bb
The character is wearing Heavy
armor.
bbb
The character is in circumstances
that interfere with their ability to
concentrate, such as trying to cast
while swimming or hanging from
a rope, being buffeted by a
sandstorm, or casting a spell that
doesn't target the person they're
fighting in hand-to-hand combat.
Upgrade the
difficulty once
(or more at
your GM's
discretion).
Akin to other skill checks, resolving a Magic skill
check is exactly the same as resolving an ordinary
non-magic skill check. If the check succeeds,
the character achieves what he tried to
accomplish. The outcome of this depends
on the positive and negative symbols left
uncancelled in the pool, as interpreted by
the GM and players. A rule of thumb for
magic, however, is that accomplishing
something through the use of magic should
rarely be as easy as accomplishing the same
task by using the skill designed for it. Magic
shouldn’t be a way to master everything.
Magic (and Psionics) is more taxing than other
activities. When your character casts a spell that
requires a check (whether or not the check
succeeds), they suffer 2 Strain after resolving the
check. This limit keeps magic-using characters from
using magic indiscriminately. Note that magic-using
characters only suffer Strain when they need to make
a check to cast a spell, so minor and narrative spell
effects do not impose this penalty.

Having one or more skill ranks in Arcana,
Divine, Primal, Psionics or Verse doesn't
mean that you have access to every
single type of magic that exist within
the Weave. Each discipline of magic
path grants you access to a listed number
of types of spells. This indicates that certain
arts of magic excel at certain things in
comparison to other arts of magic, and there is
no way one character can be a master at
everything within the Weave.
The table below indicates what specific types of
magic your character has access to when having
ranks in a particular Magic skill. Access to a type of
magic is marked with a z symbol in the table.
The fact that a character cannot purchase ranks in
a Magic skill without it being a career skill is also a
factor that helps limit the access to types of spells
that a character can have at any given time, though it
is possible to branch into two different magic paths
by having two Magic career skills.
It is strongly recommended that you do not grant
a spellcaster access to every singly type of magic, as
that would shift the scales heavily in favor of the
spellcaster in comparison to other careers. Of
course, as the Game Master, you are free to
meddle with the rules as you please to fit your
individual campaign. But meddling with
restrictions on access to certain types of magic
can essentially break the combat system in
favor of the spellcaster – just a cautious
heads up.
Certainly one can argue for and
against restrictions to types of magic
according to individual Magic skills, but
for the setting, these rules are the
ones that work the best and thus are the rules
implemented into the campaign.

Here is a List of Magic actions which I will post later for everyone to see and will be putting to pdf form when I get everything together.

Arcana: Attack, Barrier, Conjure, Curse, Dispel, Illusion, Necromancy, Teleport, Utility

Divine: Attack, Augment, Barrier, Curse, Divination, Heal, Influence, Necromancy, Utility

Primal: Attack, Augment, Conjure, Heal, Shape, Teleport, Utility

Psionics: Attack, Augment, Barrier, Divination, Heal, Influence, Teleport, Utility

Verse: Augment, Curse, Dispel, Illusion, Influence, Shape, Utility y

Let me know what you think of the list so far, they all could expand as I think of other actions and as I add more stuff to the list.

And here are the Careers that I will be incorporating in my campaign - Part 1

BARBARIAN

From the perspective of those living in the Dragon Empire, barbarians come from the least civilized planets in the galaxy: the worlds of the Outlands. Indeed, they often hail from the roughest, most primitive parts of those worlds, from remote areas that make the cities of these Outlands planets look cosmopolitan and sophisticated in comparison.

The Barbarian counts the following skills as career skills: Athletics, Melee (Light), Stealth, and Survival

And you can pick one of the following specializations to add the 4 additional careers skills

Berserker : Brawl, Coercion, Melee (Heavy), and Resilience.

Hunter : Knowledge (Geography), Perception, Ranged Archaic), and Stealth.

Totem Warrior : Cool, Discipline, Knowledge (Lore), and Primal.

BARD

The rise of technological civilization was a serious threat to the bardic tradition. Born of simpler times, bards were driven to the brink of cultural extinction by mass media and telecommunications. But the magic in the music, the special power of word and voice, endured. Bards are not just storytellers and musicians, they are the living embodiment of an ancient, arcane tradition.

The Bard counts the following skills as career skills: Charm, Discipline, Knowledge (Lore), and Leadership.

And you can pick one of the following specializations to add the 4 additional careers skills

Con-Artist : Deception, Skulduggery, Streetwise, and Vigilance.

Diplomat : Cool, Deception, Negotiation, and Perception.

Performer : Melee (Light), Perform (specific), Resilience, and Verse.

CLERIC

The people of the Dragon Empire have long since reached past the heavens and into the stars, but they have not left their gods behind. If anything, their expansion into space has only strengthened the bond they have with their deities. Evidence of the work of the gods runs through the galaxy like iron through steel. Even if you can’t always see it perfectly, it’s there lending strength to the whole.

The Cleric counts the following skills as career skills: Discipline, Divine, Knowledge ( Religion ), and Leadership .

Missionary : Knowledge (Lore), Medicine, Resilience, and Vigilance.

Inquisitor : Coercion, Deception, Melee (Light), and Vigilance.

War Priest : Cool, Medicine, Melee (Light), and Ranged (pick one).

DRUID

One might think that druids would have no place in the Dragon Empire. In an age of star travel, industrialization, and urbanization, what room is there for the peace and tranquility of the sacred grove? Druids nevertheless thrive in the Empire. The vast ocean of space is just as much a part of the natural order as sun, sky, tree, and beast. The ships that sail upon it have opened up new possibilities to explore and learn from countless worlds.

The Druid counts the following skills as career skills: Medicine, Primal, Resilience, and Survival

Beast Master : Charm, Melee (Light), Riding, and Vigilance.

Hunter : Knowledge (Geography), Perception, Ranged Archaic), and Stealth.

Eco Defender : Charm, Coercion, Skulduggery, and Stealth.

FIGHTER

Fighters are perhaps the least different from their counterparts in the Outlands than any other class. The tools of war may be different, but the Dragon Empire is still a violent place. The way of the sword may have been replaced by the way of the gun, but fighters still make their fortunes by their prowess in battle.

The Fighter counts the following skills as career skills: Athletics, Brawl, Resilience , and Vigilance.

Gunner : Mechanics, Perception, Gunnery, and Ranged (Archaic or Modern).

Rifleman : Mechanics, Perception, Ranged (Archaic or Modern), and Stealth.

Swordsman : Cool, Coercion, Melee (Light), and Melee (Heavy).

MONK

More than any other class, monks have held to their traditions in the face of monumental change. They are among the most respected people in the Empire as a result. Like their counterparts in the Outlands, monks devote their lives to meditation on the mysteries of the universe and to attuning themselves to it body and soul.

The Monk counts the following skills as career skills: Cool, Discipline, Medicine, and, Resilience .

Martial Artist : Athletics, Brawl, Coordination, and Melee (Monk).

Scholar : Alchemy, Knowledge (Lore), and Perception.

PALADIN

The time when armored knights mounted great warhorses and charged into battle armed with lance and sword is an age long past for most of the imperial worlds. These traditions survive only as spiritual and symbolic images for the paladins of the Dragon Empire. One thing that has not changed is the paladin’s code. While their physical weapons are different, their spiritual ones are not. They still arm themselves with the com-passion to pursue good, the will to uphold law, and the power to defeat evil

The Paladin counts the following skills as career skills: Athletics, Discipline, Leadership, and Vigilance.

Ancient Knight : Melee (Light), Melee (Heavy), Resilience, and Riding.

Space Knight : Driving, Melee (Light), Perception, and Ranged (Modern).

Holy Warrior : Divine, Knowledge (Religion), Melee (Light), and Melee (Heavy).

RANGER

There are countless untamed worlds in the Outlands, and the ranger’s goal is to explore them all. Imperial rangers are scouts, explorers, and professional hunters who rarely feel at ease in the great cities. They wander from world to world, sometimes in service to a government or corporation, sometimes following their own internal compasses wherever they lead.

The Ranger counts the following skills as career skills: Knowledge (Geography), Perception, Stealth, and Survival.

Big Game Hunter : Driving or Riding, Melee (Light), and Ranged (Modern).

Explorer : Melee (Light), Melee (Heavy), Resilience, and Riding.

Imperial Ranger : Athletics, Melee (Light), Ranged (Modern), and Vigilance.

Part 2

ROGUE

The rogues of the Dragon Empire are thieves, pirates, covert operatives, smugglers, scouts, gangsters, and freelancers. Of all the core classes, rogues are perhaps the most versatile and adaptable, and they thrive in the star-spanning civilization of the Empire.

The Rogue counts the following skills as career skills: Deception, Skulduggery, Stealth, and Streetwise.

Covert Operative : Charm, Computers, Melee (Light), and Perception.

Pirate : Athletics, Leadership, Melee (Light), Ranged (Modern).

Thief : Computers, Melee (Light), Negotiation, and Vigilance.

MAGE

Some Mage focus on the arcane: magic as a discipline that can be learned through study and practice. Rituals, cantrips, and chanted spells are all means by which the Mage channels arcane energies. They are often referred to as Wizards. But some Mages seem to have magic flows thru their blood and wield magic instinctually. They are called Sorcerers.

The Mage counts the following skills as career

skills: Alchemy, Arcana, Knowledge (Lore) , and Perception .

Sorcerer : Charm, Coercion, Resilience, and Vigilance.

Wizard : Discipline, Leadership, Medicine, and Negotiation.

HACKER

When we say Hacker, we’re talking about the type of computer operator who can do things with computers that are well beyond modern reality. Hackers are a staple of futuristic settings, where they can use their unparalleled affinity for computers to gain access to remote servers, control and override robotic drones, and engage in virtual duels on the Internet or its equivalent.

The Hacker counts the following skills as career skills: Computers, Discipline, Knowledge (specific) , Mechanics, Perception, Piloting (drones) , Streetwise, and Vigilance.

PILOT

The Dragon Empire spans hundreds of star systems and its largest cities are as expansive as the territories of many nations on Outlands worlds. This civilization couldn’t function without reliable, fast, and safe transportation. Most imperial citizens know how to drive ground cars and hovercraft. Many can pilot civilian aircraft. But pilots are the true professionals.

The Pilot counts the following skills as career skills: Astro-cartography, Cool, Driving, Gunnery, Mechanics, Perception, Piloting (planetary or space) , and Vigilance.

MECHANIST

The Dragon Empire is built on high technology, and it depends on those who craft, maintain, and repair the machines and equipment. Mechanists are the technicians and engineers who seem to have an almost supernatural connection to and understanding of technology.

Mechanists are masters of the sometimes-arcane principles and practices of science and engineering. A mechanist can look at a malfunctioning machine and immediately know what is wrong with it. Given adequate parts and tools, he can repair just about any mechanical device—or jury-rig a reasonable substitute, at least temporarily.

The Mechanist counts the following skills as career skills: Computers , Discipline, Driving, Mechanics, Melee (Light), Operating, Perception, and Piloting (planetary or space) .

LEADER – CAPTAIN - CHIEFTAIN

The Leader focuses on leading and directing their fellows, as well as interacting with others. Leaders have a knack for taking charge and overseeing a situation, but their methods of leadership can vary wildly. A Leader can be a kind and caring boss, a soft-spoken politician, or a military commander who believes in absolute discipline.

The Leader counts the following skills as career skills: Charm, Coercion, Cool, Discipline, Leadership, Melee, Negotiation, and Perception.

SOCIALITE – NOBLE - ARISTOCRAT

Socialites are the consummate social butterflies, at ease in any interactions involving talking to someone else. Whether a rich debutante in the highest circles of society or a good-natured bartender who knows everyone’s

name, a Socialite can get along with anyone and everyone. More importantly, they always know how to get the best out of any social interaction.

The Socialite counts the following skills as career skills: Charm, Cool, Deception, Knowledge, Negotiation, Perception, Streetwise, and Vigilance.

STARSHIP CAPTAIN

The Starship Captain fits into any setting where starships are big, complex, and common enough that you could have a character who makes a living commanding one. Starship Captains are equally adept at repairing, programming, and piloting a starship, but their primary responsibility is leading and directing the crew under their command.

The Starship Captain counts the following skills as career skills: Computers, Discipline, Gunnery, Knowledge, Leadership, Mechanics, Operating, and Perception.

TECHNOMANCER

The Dragon Empire is supported by the twin pillars of magic and machine. Wizards and mechanists devote their lives to mastering one or the other. A rare few indeed can master both. Technomancers are arcane technicians who study and exploit the interaction of magic and technology. They use both their magic and their technical training to operate, modify, repair, and even destroy machines of all kinds.

Mechanists often become technomancers for the opportunity to gain arcane knowledge and to develop the bond they seem to share with machines.

Wizards become technomancers to focus their study of magic, finding new ways to apply it to the technology the Empire depends on.

Bards occasionally become technomancers to give themselves an edge in technological civilization.

Other classes rarely follow this path, as they either lack the necessary technical background and aptitude or the interest in and ability to work arcane magic.

Technomancers often work together in universities, corporate R&D labs, government research institutes, or private workshops. They enjoy sharing ideas, critiquing their latest theories, and demonstrating their most brilliant inventions. Technomancers are sometimes free-lancers, hiring themselves out to tackle specific design issues or troubleshoot problems for their clients. Other technomancers are reclusive inventors and arcanists, working in isolated laboratories and workshops on secret projects that only they can understand.

Upon taking the Technomancer career, you may chose 4 of the following skills and add them as career skills, if you don’t already have them: Arcana, Alchemy, Computers, Knowledge (Lore) , Knowledge (Science) , or Mechanics.

looks nice, I know others that just stick with 4 career skills but it is not for the Specializations. We have have initial Class skills of everyone gets their own in the career but the other 4 are for the players to pick on their own and allows each character to be different and then if you as a GM want you can still have multi-class where players can take another career but would not get the bonus 4 free skills as career skills. Nice Work though, I have been helping others with their settings books.