SCP?

By MajorTalon, in Your Settings

So, does anyone have tips on trying to create an SCP setting for Genesys?

Part of me wants to run a couple sessions taking place in SCP-3008 (link to full entry for reference: http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-3008 )

Basic description of 3008 is as follows:

"S CP-3008 is a large retail unit previously owned by and branded as IKEA, a popular furniture retail chain. A person entering SCP-3008 through the main entrance and then passing out of sight of the doors will find themselves translocated to SCP-3008-1. This displacement will typically go unnoticed as no change will occur from the perspective of the victim; they will generally not become aware until they try to return to the entrance.

SCP-3008-1 is a space resembling the inside of an IKEA furniture store, extending far beyond the limits of what could physically be contained within the dimensions of the retail unit. Current measurements indicate an area of at least 10km 2 with no visible external terminators detected in any direction. Inconclusive results from the use of laser rangefinders has led to the speculation that the space may be infinite."

As for enemies, and encounters, there are towns populated by other people trapped inside. As for non humans, there is always roaming instances of SCP-3008-2 or "The Staff"

" SCP-3008-2 are humanoid entities that exist within SCP-3008-1. While superficially resembling humans they possess exaggerated and inconsistent bodily proportions, often described as being too short or too tall. They possess no facial features and in all observed cases wear a yellow shirt and blue trousers consistent with the IKEA employee uniform."

So yeah, any tips, guys?

Oh man this sounds amazing. I would love to put something like this together!

As far as tips I would leave 3008-1 as a setting and not try to "build it" since it seems that it can constantly shift. But depending on how threatening you want them to be I would stay out the civilian populations (normies and psychos) as minions with rivals for leadership. 3008-2 would be rivals at least I would think. Give them abilities that boost after hours. Like: after "closing time" they gain the Adversary 1 talent.

I have a few adversaries from my Ghostbusters game that might fit well into an scp game check it out:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-jkr9C6ufvX5UCEiMb2-qZXdh4zI1QNxuRsLTqEvIlA/edit?usp=drivesdk

Check out the burned woman, and slenderman (and proxy). Sorry they use tablets that don't translate well here.

Edited by Ferninja