Water

By gran_orco, in Mansions of Madness

How should we play water?:

Whenever an investigator or monster moves into a space containing Water, that investigator or monster immediately forfeits any remaining movement.

Remaining movement for the full investigator's phase or just his turn? Could an investigator be pushed in the turn of another investigator? we played in such a way that we could only move one space even with two movement actions . But we had doubts, because one of us could cast a spell to give an action to other investigator, but we didn't know if that investigator could move again while in a space with water.

The way I play with friends is once one moves into a space containing water (and if they don't have any equipment to ignore the effects of water) is to forfeit the remaining of that move action's turn. For example, if I was playing with Rita Young who can move three spaces with her unique ability, and say I moved into a space containing water I would forfeit the remaining two moves I would usually have. However, I do not forfeit my whole turn as I still have another action left (moving out of the space containing water would not forfeit my turn).

That is how we play, not entirely sure if that's how the mechanic is intended to be played. Forfeiting an investigator's entire round is a bit steep in terms of difficulty (especially in the scenario "hidden depths" when the ship is sinking).

It's all in the wording, and @damon_estrada has got it.

The effect only triggers when 'moves into' a space containing water and forfeits remaining movement.

You gain movement via an action, so the water takes away any 'remaining' movement when you move into that space with water. A second action is new amount of movement that isn't punished by the space with water as you are starting in a space with water and not moving into a water space. There is no negative effect for moving out of water. So if you had a remaining action, there's no issue moving out of the water and moving your full movement for that second action.

(Now, if you ended a movement action in water with your first action, and then your next action was to also enter an adjacent space containing water, you'd end that action in the water also. Basically, you'd move a total of two spaces with two actions if you moved (waded!) only into spaces containing water).

Mmmm, ok. Not so difficult as I thought. I could push other investigator and move with him, or move to a space with water and spend other action to leave It. Too much easy, then. 🤔