* SPOILERS * - Vengeful impulses

By Dentifrice, in Mansions of Madness

Hi,

I just played the Vengeful impulses and failed it. I read everything in the journals, got all evidences, all token has been used on the map, talked to everyone so the only option was to accuse them and yet, I didn’t found anything that would really tell me who is the killer.

So my question is, is there something I missed or you just need to randomly accuse someone and hope for the best before the ghost appears and destroy us all ?

So, can you really find who is the killer ?

thanks

The key to solving the mystery is de-coding a key item.

You should be able to guess what this key item is.

As long as you've talked to the suspects (and done some searching) you should be able to deduce who the killer from the text.

The following examples are made up in order not to spoil the mystery but should set you along the right path:

• If the text mentions say taking cows to be milked, the critical question is who might do such a thing.
  • If the text mentions say a brother is involved, the critical question is who has mentioned a brother.
  • If the text mentions say a dog owner, the critical question is who owns a dog.
  • If the text mentions say a cook's apron, the critical question is who might own such an item.

You may guess (from my made-up examples) Vengeful Impulses is not my favourite murder mystery scenario.

Thanks,

I played again and let’s say after interacting with something, it gave me a text which gave me the answer.

So, on my first game, I read too fast and missed that detail... On my second game, it was about a dead husband, so it was pretty obvious !

Edited by Dentifrice

The annoying thing is next time you play if the text is about a dead husband the killer will be the same and so you will immediately know who the killer is!

The killer is randomly selected from one of five but even so this becomes annoying if your group plays the scenario multiple times or plays a few times and is unlucky with who the killer is.

What would be better would be to have the scenario so that the suspect who has a dead husband can vary.

That would have made the scenario a lot more re-playable because you would, then, need to check the other clues even when the same clue appears.

I agree but it's not a scenario I will do very often. And it's not about the destination but the journey ;)