question about dreadful menagerie

By Il peggiore, in Heroes of Terrinoth

Hi everyone.
About Dreadful Menagerie... It seems too easy...

I think the phrase "if there are no giants in play OR in the menagerie deck" should be changed to "if there are no giants in play AND in the menagerie deck" ... or not?

Because twice I managed to kill the first two giants that appeared, cleaning the battlefield and winning the scenario in the second round ...
or I misunderstood the rules of the quest?

tnx

I interpreted the same way. You need to empty the Menagerie deck and to kill every Giants in play.

And for me, when you travel, even if a giant is facedown it should be reshuffle in the Menagerie deck and not discarded.

thank you! I think wording is to be improved...

for those interested, this is my way to finish this quest (the most difficult of all, IMHO).

1) You need ONLY success token.
Use it to rebounce giants' damage against giants and ABOVE ALL to not spawn enemies at green peril space.
Use AID action, and again AID action and again and again and again.

2) NEVER TRAVEL. You don't need any further enemies from new location. You don't need any upgrade too: you can beat giants with only not-so-cool basic actions.

In this way I've finished the quest at last green peril space.

I disagree with your "Never Travel" (I traveled two times and i was close to three times) and i barely used Aid action to solve this one. I used the Wildlander's Rest action (with Kairi) and the Explore's Berserk action (Syndrael). Landrec (for the free success token each turn) as Magician (took the Aid actions to pump Kairi's ability) and Ashrian as Healer (Shaman's Attack action). I used my success tokens to avoid spawns.

Like you see there is multiple solutions to solve it.

Edited by Cyiel
14 minutes ago, Cyiel said:

Like you see there is multiple solutions to solve it.

Oh, yes, never doubted about it.

I apologize if my previous post sounds like too "prescriptive"... it was just my coward way to easy win. :)

bye