Solo Return Fire at End of Round Attacks

By topacesteve, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

I supoose Solo can return fire Once per Round when attacked by normal activations during this round....

If i use Set a Trap, Ferocity, and other such attacks that occur AT THE END of the round, he cannot use Return fire if he hasnt fired in this round, am i correct?

"cannot use if he hasn't "?

During this round = until the round changes. It includes the status phase.

Until the end of round = until the start of the end of round step of the status phase.

Limit once per round = only up to once during each round.

Just goes to justify my thoughts that FFG have made a REAL mess of the rules... Step 4 (pass initiative) should be Step 1 of the new Round. The round should END at the END OF ROUND (hence the effects)

They should take lessons from their X-wing where they introduced the System Phase a special effects Phase between movement and attack.

The rules are stupid.....

Step 1 Before Activation Effects

Step 2 Activation Phase

Step 3 After Activation Phase (Status or End of Round) and Effects

Step 4 Pass Initiative (After Round END)

simple as pie

2 hours ago, topacesteve said:

Step 1 Before Activation Effects

Step 2 Activation Phase

Step 3 After Activation Phase (Status or End of Round) and Effects

Step 4 Pass Initiative (After Round END)

simple as pie

End of round is made of steps 1-4, they all are "end of round" as a whole. Until end od round means before step 1, after end of round means after step 4 (although I don't remember any card mentioning "after end of round" and this is because that part is actually called "start of round")

Edited by Trevize84
6 hours ago, topacesteve said:

Just   goes to justify my thoughts that FFG have made a REAL mess of the rules..  .

I don’t get what you mean. “Once per round” is a pretty clear statement. “Until the end of the round” and “during this round” both clearly defined (in the FAQ at least, I’m not sure if it’s been added to the RRG).

As for X-wing 1 vs. 2.0, don’t get me started. Adding more phases over complicated the game. Even in 1.0 the kept having to redefine the various steps of each phase and when each card took affect. Now that was a mess.