Shadow of the Beanstalk errata

By drainsmith, in Shadow of the Beanstalk

So far, the mistakes found in SotB are very minor. This is what has been found so far that I have submitted questions about and received answers for:

Rachel Beckmann (p157): Her heavy pistol should use Ranged (Light) instead of Ranged (Heavy)
Caprice Nisei (p171): She should have Knowledge (Science) instead of Knowledge (Facts)
Assistant District Attorney (p228): Their Knowledge (Society) rank should be 2
Brain Machine Interface (p98): "Go deep" should be a maneuver, not an incidental
Sentinel (p134): The text should read "Sentinel then deactivates..." instead of "Archer then deactivates..."
Body Guard talent (p49): Tier should be 3 instead of 2. It is in the correct Tier section.

All fixed in the PDF!

Edited by drainsmith
Added Body Guard line

This could use a pinning. Thanks for collecting this!

The "Body Guard" talent is listed in the section of the tier 3 talents, its entry however says that it's a tier 2 talent (p49). One of the characters from the gencon android adventure had Body Guard noted as a tier 2 talent, so I suppose tier 2 is correct.

2 hours ago, Klort said:

The "Body Guard" talent is listed in the section of the tier 3 talents, its entry however says that it's a tier 2 talent (p49). One of the characters from the gencon android adventure had Body Guard noted as a tier 2 talent, so I suppose tier 2 is correct.

Incorrect. It is Tier 3, same as for Realms of Terrinoth. It is the only talent that was copied over from RoT. The mixup of tier is probably from it being on the character sheet though.

The Heavy Gauss Rifle is missing the Pierce quality (presumably Pierce 5) in its profile. I don't have my book with me, the name may be slightly different, but I think it's Heavy Gauss Rifle.

3 minutes ago, Direach said:

The Heavy Gauss Rifle is missing the Pierce quality (presumably Pierce 5) in its profile. I don't have my book with me, the name may be slightly different, but I think it's Heavy Gauss Rifle.

It's Breach 1 which is Pierce 10.

Ahh, I was looking for Pierce and missed that. The price one pays for trying to recall errata without having the book present. :)

T he BMI is incorrect; you have to spend a maneuver to “go deep.” -- Sam Gregor-Stewart.

Thanks, @xaisoft !

Edited by verdantsf
3 hours ago, verdantsf said:

The BMI is incorrect; you have to spend a maneuver to “go deep.” -- Sam Gregor-Stewart.

Thanks, @xaisoft !

Right. that one is already on the list.

Oh, hah. I cntrl-f'ed BMI. Just went with the acronym my player mentioned and didn't think to spell it out, derp! That's what I get for alt-tabbing while at work and not reading the previous entries more closely. Regardless, thanks for this list!

Edited by verdantsf

Small grammatical error, page 130, column 2, first sentence: "If the sysop is successful, they gain one traces" - 'traces' of course should be singular.

Already reported

Edited by themensch
57 minutes ago, themensch said:

Already reported

NVM

Edited by TheSapient

Everything I had listed in the top post has been fixed in the PDF!

Shortened Barrel Attachment: In table 2-8 it has a listed price of 180, in the detailed entry however it says "Cost: 250". Kind of weird, as no other attachments have a cost listed in their detailed entries.

Page 32, Academic, Starting Gear:

' portable comlink' is listed under starting gear. No such device in the gear section. I think it should be ' personal comlink'

Page 106, Cybernetics:

'Pain editor' is not listed alphabetically, it should appear on page 105, following Neuro-Regulator.